BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

11-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Socal Dealers for 1200 mile service

Yes, another dealer question . I searched around, but didn't find any solid leads.

So I bought the E90 M3 from Long Beach, but live 5mins away from Shelly. I've been wanting to give Shelly a chance, even with all the neg responses. I almost tried them with my old M, but the car got totalled. Then I almost gave them a chance with my 335, but I ended up selling it for my current M. Here I am again, checking around for responses on Shelly.

Anyone taken their M into Shelly yet? Any good comments? Good SA's there? I haven't seen any comments on Long Beach's service. Anyone have a good experience with Long Beach for service? I want to either use Shelly cuz it's close, or Long Beach cuz they'll most likely give me a loaner.

Anyone have a good experience with a good SA at either of these dealers?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Aussie7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 SSII

Take it to Crevier and use John Thatcher as your service adviser. I have had my Mini, 330 ci and X5 serviced by him and he has been very good, I will be taking the M3 there for the 1200 service. I live in Placentia and they shuttle me from the dealership and back, they won't give a loaner unless you bought a car from them.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 03:35 AM   #3
tooshay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20+M3 badge

I went to Crevier to get my 1200 mile service on my M3 a week ago. They were really nice and got a 328i sedan as a loaner. The only thing that kind of upsets me was when I drove my M3 home, I got a warning that my oil was low. I had to drive back to Crevier to have them top off the oil. That was the only problem. Everything else was great.
      11-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Thanks for the replies! I want to try and avoid Crevier, due to a salesman that mad me . I know service and sales are separate, but I just get sick when I hear Crevier now. I promised the salesman I would never let myself, or my family/friends spend any money there.

Any word on Shelly or Long Beach???
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
2008bimmerM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: JB

Long Beach is good. I had my 2003 330i zhp there, complained about my clutch making noises on cold start in the morning, they diagnosed it two different times, replaced a pulley and then replaced the clutch the second time.

Sound went away. I didn't abuse the clutch either, it just made this squeaky noise in the morning on cold start when the clutch engages. I'm going to take my 2008 M3 there soon, i have 400 miles left until 1200 mile service.

Let me know how yours goes.
Appreciate 0