E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW Northwest (Fife, WA) - Positive Review

11-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
LionRampant
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i E90

Garage List
2009 328i Sedan  [0.00]
Thumbs up BMW Northwest (Fife, WA) - Positive Review

I'd like to take opportunity to post on my experiences with the purchase of a new 2009 E90 328i from the folks at BMW Northwest in the Fife/Tacoma area of northwest Washington state.

Before setting out to place my order, I laid out the options I wanted and looked into the dealers in the local area. Among the three BMW centers here in the Puget Sound area, BMW of Bellevue is closest to my residence, and I began there. The place didn't seem terribly busy, but I had difficulty finding someone who would speak to me, and when I inquired about an order for a 2009 model, I was told that process would not be available until September. I knew differently from a number of forum posts and so moved on. BMW Northwest is located furthest from my residence (some 30 miles) but had the most positive sales feedback in my research, and I figured a bit of a drive would be worth it if they were willing to consider my order.

I was greeted and introduced to Kevin Lambert within thirty seconds of walking in the showroom door at BMW Northwest. When I stated my interest in ordering a 2009 sedan, there was no nonsense about the process or attempts to steer me to one of the 2008s they had on the lot. Kevin took a look at the specs I had printed, checked the system, and asked if I would like to go ahead and place the order. After a bit of discussion on what to expect, I went ahead and placed a $1000 security deposit and walked out shortly thereafter with a vehicle inquiry report for a 2009 sedan.

As new information became available on the refreshed 2009 sedan, I met with Kevin several times over the next few weeks to discuss my order. While much of this might have been handled via phone or e-mail, I prefer to meet in person where possible, and Kevin was willing to set up appointments and arrange time to meet with me as often as I liked. On my next visit to ask that the front plate holder not be installed and to order the OEM aluminum pedal/footrest set, Kevin showed me the center's order status and inventory sheet so that I could see my production slot and week. When rumors swirled about the new iDrive possibly not being included in the initial production run of 2009 3-series models, Kevin recommended suspending the order rather than risk getting a car I wouldn't be happy with. After that rumor had been debunked, Kevin was willing and able to reinstate my order with my original production slot with no fuss. My initial option build included only the Fold-Down Rear Seats rather than the entire Cold Weather Package, but when I heard of the heated steering wheel being included in ZCW, Kevin was happy to meet and adjust my order to include the full package.

When at last the pricing information became available for 2009 models, I built up spreadsheets of pricing scenarios, researched deals that others were getting on similar orders, and decided on my final option build and the price range I was willing to work within. I set up another appointment with Kevin to work out pricing and arrived with data in hand. I had decided that I would begin with a price I considered fair to both sides rather than quibbling over a few dollars here or there, and asked for $1000 over invoice as a starting point. Kevin said he could probably work that, and after a visit to the sales manager, came back with approval and we signed a pricing agreement. As with the initial order, a process I expected to take quite a while was completed quicker and easier than anticipated.

As production of the 2009 models began, Kevin called me several times to provide the VIN, inform me of progress and let me know what to expect as the car crossed the seas and arrived at the VPC in Oxnard. Within minutes of my sedan arriving at BMW Northwest, Kevin gave me a call and we set up a delivery date within my schedule a few days later. I was down in Oregon at the time for a work project, but on my way back to Bellevue I was able to stop by the center, where Kevin invited me to look the car over and get some pictures if I liked.

The day of delivery was extremely smooth, and I attribute that entirely to the efforts of Kevin and the other folks at BMW Northwest. My sedan was in pristine condition, with 4 miles on the odometer and all of the options I had requested in place. As I had asked, there were no holes drilled for the front license plate holder (Kevin had stowed it in the trunk with the stock pedals after ensuring the aluminum pedals were installed), and the car was nicely detailed and ready for delivery as soon as I walked in. As my car was the first 2009 E9x model they received, it received a fair amount of attention, and Kevin ensured that no one got too close. He provided an excellent introduction to the car and its features during my delivery inspection, including answering a few questions I had. The redesigned navigation system was likely as new to Kevin as it was to me, but it was clear that he had taken the time to learn and point out a few of the highlights I would be interested in. As part of the inspection I had requested a driving evaluation, and Kevin rode along to point out a few additional things on the drive. Although I hadn't expected any extras to be tossed in with the purchase, Kevin had floor mats in the car and a bag full of complimentary OEM goodies waiting for me.

To handle the documentation and paperwork associated with the purchase, Kevin introduced me to financial manager Susan Grissom. Susan laid out the options efficiently and had all of the paperwork ready to review when I arrived. I paid cash for the car rather than financing or leasing, though I am certain that my experience would have been as positive either way. The final pricing matched the amount negotiated earlier with Kevin, and there were no hidden fees or unexpected additional charges incurred. The security deposit I had placed was properly applied to the purchase price, and all of the documents were accurate and correct. The entire process was quick and painless, and I received copies of all documents and receipts for my records. At my request, Kevin also introduced me to members of the service department to schedule a break-in service appointment for a few weeks later.

As with all facets of my buying experience at BMW Northwest, delivery from my arrival at the appointed time to driving away in my new sedan took much less time than I had expected. I attribute this to the preparation and attention to detail of Kevin, Susan, and all of the folks behind the scenes at BMWNW. In the two weeks since I took delivery, I have logged more than 1300 miles of driving and encountered no issues with the car. I am extremely pleased with its design, performance and construction. I would recommend Kevin Lambert and BMW Northwest to anyone looking for a smooth, no-hassle buying experience.

--LR
      11-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Wow, great review.... BMW NW is at least 100 times better than Bellevue and I am hearing great things about their service.

They just would not go down to invoice price on their existing 08 M3's..... Otherwise I would of considered them as well.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Man....now that's how you write a review!

They are the best...imo. My car also got a lot of attention when it arrived in October of '06, as mine was the first e90 335 to be delivered in the state (according to them, not me). The only thing I could have recommended to you was to NOT let them detail your car. Believe me...I went through it...it's better to do it yourself. But maybe you're not into that....which is perfectly fine.

If you're also planning on having BMWNW service your car, I would highly recommend working with John Noyes (pronouned noize). While I'm sure they have some quality SA's, John is the only guy I will deal with.

Congrats on the new car.

Last edited by normtrum; 11-07-2008 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0