F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Covid rules for travellers make zero sense
proTUNING Freaks

05-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #1
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Covid rules for travellers make zero sense

My mum was due to arrive next week and we just found out that the Danish vaccine passport is not accepted in the uk. So although she has proof of getting both Pfizer jabs back in March, she will be treated like unvaccinated. She will have to quarantine for 10 days and book private covid tests on day 2 and 8 (£200)
Utter shambles. Guess there is not much trust in the vaccinations after all
      05-25-2021, 10:37 AM   #2
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
My mum was due to arrive next week and we just found out that the Danish vaccine passport is not accepted in the uk. So although she has proof of getting both Pfizer jabs back in March, she will be treated like unvaccinated. She will have to quarantine for 10 days and book private covid tests on day 2 and 8 (£200)
Utter shambles. Guess there is not much trust in the vaccinations after all
Its not the vaccines as I understand it but the ease with which "passports" can be forged and therefore the reliability of the evidence. As usual, annoying for the ones who play be the rules but spoilt by the few...
Appreciate 1
Ridg205.00
      05-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #3
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Its not the vaccines as I understand it but the ease with which "passports" can be forged and therefore the reliability of the evidence. As usual, annoying for the ones who play be the rules but spoilt by the few...
When we had our first jab, they specifically said they won't provide any proof that we had been vaccinated because it's so easy to fake.

It's only in the last week or so that the NHS App shows we've been jabbed. Prior to that I had no proof at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 12:04 PM   #4
moonshine
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 718 Boxster S

Afaik, Denmark is an Amber list country, (i.e. not on green list), so even a UK citizen, who is fully vaccinated would still need to quarantine for 10 days on return - just like a traveller returning from Spain.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 12:04 PM   #5
GEP77
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3 Long Range.

At the moment while having a COVID vaccine is known to provide excellent protection for the individual against illness (especially serious illness) less is known about how much it reduces transmission.

It is highly likely that having the required dose of the various vaccines will dramatically reduce transmission, however at this time the U.K. along with most other countries is erring on the side of caution.

As more people get vaccinated and the levels of the virus reduce in the community then we shall begin to see more and more travel options opening up.

If these measures help prevent another nationwide lockdown then I think a few more months of inconvenience might well be worth it.

As for the cost of testing, many airlines and tour operators have formed commercial agreements with approved testing labs where the cost to an individual can be reduced. I know BA and TUI have these arrangements and I'm sure others do as well.
Appreciate 1
Ennoch2258.50
      05-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #6
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
I see...guess we can write off this summer as well then
https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL8N2M05AB
      05-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #7
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian332isport View Post
When we had our first jab, they specifically said they won't provide any proof that we had been vaccinated because it's so easy to fake.

It's only in the last week or so that the NHS App shows we've been jabbed. Prior to that I had no proof at all.
Yeah this 100%
Appreciate 0