E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i Remap done - Oil change due

10-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
garethr_davies
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 comp conv

335i Remap done - Oil change due

Hi guys, had my 335i remapped at Evolve last weekend - very pleased with the results and the whole experience was good - great service, facilities, very professional etc.

I've got an oil change due in 4000 miles, planning on having this done at my local BMW dealer. Do I need to worry about the remap at all? I don't really want it wiped off, but then I also don't want to tell them about it incase of any future warranty issues I want them to pay for.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
If it's JUST a remap I doubt they will be able to tell unless they Rag it. (dealers never do this right?!)

I would just play dumb.

Makesure you book an "in and out" service where they don't keep you waiting. They'll have no time to fiddle around then...

SJ
      10-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethr_davies View Post
Hi guys, had my 335i remapped at Evolve last weekend - very pleased with the results and the whole experience was good - great service, facilities, very professional etc.

I've got an oil change due in 4000 miles, planning on having this done at my local BMW dealer. Do I need to worry about the remap at all? I don't really want it wiped off, but then I also don't want to tell them about it incase of any future warranty issues I want them to pay for.

Any suggestions?
I did my own oil service earlier this year, very easy and almost 100% cheaper than BMW.

Do you need the stamp in the book for the warranty or not ?

As serjames says, they wont be that interested in it unless you are reporting engine related issues for investigation at service ?

Wouldnt worry about it myself.

Yves
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
I was equally paranoid when i had my first service done post Evolve remap on my 335i - but the dealers really are not that bothered unless you are wanting warranty work done that may be engine related etc. That said my dealer did actually reflash my ECU because they updated the iDrive - so i had to take it back to Evolve and those lovely chaps put the the new back on. Dont worry about it.