BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Sport gauge

04-10-2021, 12:06 PM   #1
rs1987
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C LCI, S1000XR

Sport gauge

I just ordered a M5 competition LCI - I'm coming from an AMG C63 coupe. I went to the dealer today to take the M5 for a long test drive of a few hours.

In the AMG, one can select the instrument cluster style regardless of performance mode, so I immediately tried to flip the M5 to the sport gauges, which I see one needs to engage sport mode to do so.

I prefer this type of gauge even in town driving or motorway driving as I find it easier to take in the information at a glance and because the speed and gear is directly in front of me instead of offset to the left or right. It's just a less cluttered style which I strongly prefer, regardless of my driving context.

I was disappointed to see that it disengages all the driver assistance functions, which is not necessarily desirable for driving in non-sport style circumstances, like town or motorway.

So, my question for owners - is there some way of forcing the sport-mode style gauges to display while in road mode?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 10:48 AM   #2
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

You can have the sport gauges on the big screen, whilst in road mode, but you dont get the rev counter in there, if that is what you are asking ?, you only get that in M Mode sport and track, in the HUD.. The sports gauges consist of boost pressure, oil temp, G meter, and tyre info, from memory ?. I wouldnt worry, you will find a good setting when you have time to fiddle with it .
Appreciate 0