Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires What else might affect fit other than BCD and offset?

04-08-2021, 11:17 AM   #1
arcticnick
Rep
Drives: E91 335i (now sold)

What else might affect fit other than BCD and offset?

Hi all,

I'm going a bit crazy trying to figure out wheel fitments across a number of different websites.

Some of the styles I am interested in are available in the right BCD (5x112) and in a suitable offset, but the website states that they don't fit the G20 M340i.

Am I right in thinking that a wheel with a hub dia greater than or equal to the centre bore of 66.6 will fit?

What are the risks of ordering wheels based on BCD and offset rather than using the Car Configurator?

I've been looking at Wheelbase, LK Performance, Rimstyle etc. Some wheels appear to fit on one site and not another (eg Japan Racing JRs).

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 11:27 AM   #2
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticnick View Post
Hi all,

Am I right in thinking that a wheel with a hub dia greater than or equal to the centre bore of 66.6 will fit?
I ran into the same issues and discovered that other wheel specs are important: lug seat (I believe Audi and Mercedes use ball seat lug bolts), wheel face profile (clearance to the brake calipers) and rim profile if fitting 18" or smaller diameter wheels (clearance to the brake caliper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticnick View Post
What are the risks of ordering wheels based on BCD and offset rather than using the Car Configurator?
I would not rely solely on either unless the configurator is provided by the wheel manufacturer.