BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

10-26-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

We Are! Penn State!

Still going crazy after the big win tonight!

I'm a big LSU and Texas Tech fan next week (PSU has a bye), but I worry that TT could possibly jump PSU with a win. I don't really expect either Texas or Bama to lose, but who knows. I believe for JoePa to have a shot at another national title the Gators will need to knock off the Tide in the SEC championship game. Texas just looks too good.

Gotta love college football!
      10-26-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

about texas, next week will be the biggest test of the season for both teams. tech has been putting up crazy numbers. they've got a 48 point per game average. the texas secondary has to prove they can stop the pass attack and tech needs to prove they can win the big game. but the X factor is they've yet to play any really good teams yet. it will be a hell of a game. i would say texas would have an easy win if they were playing in austin, but on the road, we'll just have to see. being a texas fan, beating oklahoma is a huge energizer. it will carry through the rest of the seaon. in the big 12, more often than not, the winner of that game wins the south conference.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
about texas, next week will be the biggest test of the season for both teams. tech has been putting up crazy numbers. they've got a 48 point per game average. the texas secondary has to prove they can stop the pass attack and tech needs to prove they can win the big game. but the X factor is they've yet to play any really good teams yet. it will be a hell of a game. i would say texas would have an easy win if they were playing in austin, but on the road, we'll just have to see. being a texas fan, beating oklahoma is a huge energizer. it will carry through the rest of the seaon. in the big 12, more often than not, the winner of that game wins the south conference.
So you don't think Oklahome is/was a "really good team"? I don't think the Sooners have a great defense this year, but I think their offense alone makes them a solid team.

They way Texas is playing now I think it would be hard to imagine them not winning out. Assuming they win the South, the championship game should be a joke.
      10-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr15 View Post
So you don't think Oklahome is/was a "really good team"? I don't think the Sooners have a great defense this year, but I think their offense alone makes them a solid team.
no no, i was talking in reference to texas tech. tech hasn't played any really good teams. texas has played a few really good teams, including one in oklahoma state tonight. that game was a lot closer than i thought it would be.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
GO PSU!

07 alum here...i wish i was back at PSU right now.
      10-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #6
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

u guys might as well get tickets to Miami at this point.

we are in dire need of some upsets or back to Pasadena we go
      10-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #7
closer98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi S4 & 2012 MB GL 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr15 View Post
Still going crazy after the big win tonight!

I'm a big LSU and Texas Tech fan next week (PSU has a bye), but I worry that TT could possibly jump PSU with a win. I don't really expect either Texas or Bama to lose, but who knows. I believe for JoePa to have a shot at another national title the Gators will need to knock off the Tide in the SEC championship game. Texas just looks too good.

Gotta love college football!
Penn State Sucks. You guys will get rocked by Michigan State. Ohio State beat themselves with that Pryor fumble.
2005 E60 545i Gray/Black 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^ How much $ do you want to put on that prediction?

Texas vs Penn State.................
      10-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
lauer87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by closer98 View Post
Ohio State beat themselves with that Pryor fumble.
Its karma for Pryor because he didn't go to Penn State
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spman montego

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^ How much $ do you want to put on that prediction?

texas tec is gunn beat texas...."all my ex's live in texas, thats why i moved to indiana"
      10-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

I was at Pickles last night for the Ohio State game. What a crazy night!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #12
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I have a lot of respect or PSU. I was at the Orange Bowl in 2005 when the game went to triple overtime. Hell of a game.
      10-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
i'm so sick of the big 10 sneaking into the national championship. that is some weak sauce football in that conference. if you need references, look what ohio state has done the past 2 years...got all the way there to get pwned by a team from a non-weak sauce conference. if texas plays PSU in the title game, it will more than likely be another reinforcement to the big 10 sucks argument.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #14
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
i'm so sick of the big 10 sneaking into the national championship. that is some weak sauce football in that conference. if you need references, look what ohio state has done the past 2 years...got all the way there to get pwned by a team from a non-weak sauce conference. if texas plays PSU in the title game, it will more than likely be another reinforcement to the big 10 sucks argument.
YOU DIE!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #15
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
YOU DIE!
did i lie? face it, there are only 2 marginally good teams in the big 10: ohio state and penn state. if either of them were to play a quality opponent from the SEC or big 12, big 10 would get owned. i mean, look how bad USC trounced OSU! you can't honestly say that penn state is better than alabama or texas, can you? both texas and bama have played multiple quality opponents, especially bama in the SEC.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #16
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
did i lie? face it, there are only 2 marginally good teams in the big 10: ohio state and penn state. if either of them were to play a quality opponent from the SEC or big 12, big 10 would get owned. i mean, look how bad USC trounced OSU! you can't honestly say that penn state is better than alabama or texas, can you? both texas and bama have played multiple quality opponents, especially bama in the SEC.
YOU SHUT THE HELL UP! THAT TRASH WILL NOT BE ALLOWED! YOU SPEAK WORDS OF THE DEVIL!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #17
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
YOU SHUT THE HELL UP! THAT TRASH WILL NOT BE ALLOWED! YOU SPEAK WORDS OF THE DEVIL!
if you're not old enough to drive, why are you a member of a car enthusiasts forum?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
DreDre
Noob (but its okay b/c im a girl)
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord Coupe

10-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #19
Phil G
Dominator of Deep South curvy roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

I would love to see a match between Bama and Penn State, just like the old days. The only difference between the 2008 BCS Championship game and the 1979 Sugar Bowl (the 1978 National Championship game) would be that Joe Paterno would be facing Nick Saban rather than Bear Bryant (besides the obvious fact the game would be of course the game being played in the Orange Bowl in Miami rather than Superdome in New Orleans).

In the 1978 NC, the Bear and the Crimson Tide pulled out a 14-7 victory for national championship #10 of 12 by shutting Penn State out of the endzone in a goal line stand at 4th and 1 when the Nittany Lions tried to get a TD to tie or go ahead. Plenty of videos of that famous play on YouTube, my dad was there as a recent Bama alum as well and said the jumbotron at the Superdome just happened to start working for that play after being out of commision the whole game, haha. Hopefully with our current team's increasingly strong focus even still improving mental and physical fundamentals, we'll have the same result.

I will say though, even as a diehard Bama fan, I've got a lot of respect for JoePa. Although the Bear will always be #1 in my book, JoePa's a great man and successful coach who has strived to build his players both on and off the field for over a half century! Watching videos of him still yelling at players and getting them psyched up at age 82 just amazes me!! I think an era of college football will end when he dies (because I think he'll die before he ever retires, he's still got it in him!)

Hope to see you in Miami in January, Penn State! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
-'07 335i coupe (build date 02/2007) - Space Grey/Black Dakota/Dark Burl - 6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/Heated Seats. Acquired in Munich 3/2007 via European Delivery. 16 years and almost 220k miles of pure joy!
-'06 911 Carrera S - Black/Black - Full Leather/Sport Chrono/Porsche Sport Exhaust/Nav - 80k miles. Acquired 1/2021. One needy old German car just wasn't enough!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #20
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by closer98 View Post
Penn State Sucks. You guys will get rocked by Michigan State. Ohio State beat themselves with that Pryor fumble.
Ok dum dum. It's not like we average 45+ points a game. Youre an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #21
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauer87 View Post
Its karma for Pryor because he didn't go to Penn State
Eh, not really. He's young and inexperienced and is expected to make mistakes. His fumble handed over the game in a huge momentum shift. Pryor was doing just as well as your big shot cry baby of a QB before he was taken out, which speaks fairly highly of Pryor also due to his lack experience. Penn St. was just about the be taken out, but that's college football. Anything can happen.

Although a lot of teams should be very afraid of what Pryor should be capable of doing being a possible 4 year starter(if he stays all 4) on a team like OSU that always rakes in fresh hot talent. OSU will be back in a National Title game before Pryor heads to the NFL.

Quote:
Ok dum dum. It's not like we average 45+ points a game. Youre an idiot.
And you scored 16 which doesn't help that average. Mich St. is a good team. They shouldn't be taken lightly.

Besides the fact that you Penn St. fans need to get off your high horse. You've been mediocre at best the past 5+ years. 1 good season won't wash your underachieving stink away.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #22
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Eh, not really. He's young and inexperienced and is expected to make mistakes. His fumble handed over the game in a huge momentum shift. Pryor was doing just as well as your big shot cry baby of a QB before he was taken out, which speaks fairly highly of Pryor also due to his lack experience. Penn St. was just about the be taken out, but that's college football. Anything can happen.

Although a lot of teams should be very afraid of what Pryor should be capable of doing being a possible 4 year started(if he stays all 4) on a team like OSU that always rakes in fresh hot talent. OSU will be back in a National Title game before Pryor heads to the NFL.

And you scored 16 which doesn't help that average. Mich St. is a good team. I wouldn't take them lightly.

Besides the fact that you Penn St. fans need to get off your high horse. You've been mediocre at best the past 5+ years. 1 good season won't wash your underachieving stink away.
They are not good enough to say that they will ROCK PSU, sorry.
Appreciate 0