BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

03-22-2021, 09:53 AM   #1
Pugger1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D MSPORT

My 235i Delivery.

A bit weird picking up the car whilst in covid restrictions. But give Sytner Cardiff lots of credit, they looked after me well and tried to make the handover as special as they could. Sorry about the quality, I ripped them from a video and Phone's camera is not the best.

Not done any real mileage yet, so still running it in. First up after coming from the 530D the ride is obliviously noticeable, its hard! Secondly it's fast, well actually its very fast but very assured through the corners. Although we all know it has a bias for the front wheels, I'd be dammed if I could tell. Seats are very comfortable, driving position is spot on and the interior build quality is excellent. Yes some of the plastics further down are cheaper, but coming from the 2017 530D which is of exceptional quality, it holds up very well indeed.

I think the car styling looks superb, mind you I also think the new M3/4 looks great with the larger grills, so I maybe in a minority. But literally our first stop was in Cardiff Bay for a coffee and we had people around the car.

I also need to mess with the settings, the lane departure warning is quite aggressive, and often feels if the car is tram-lining because of it, have others noticed this?

All this talk of this not being a real M car is absolutely immaterial, I just don't care, It's a great little package, it's blindingly fast, well built and I'm sure on a track you could have great fun with it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-22-2021, 11:10 AM   #2
RobbieDouglas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger1 View Post
A bit weird picking up the car whilst in covid restrictions. But give Sytner Cardiff lots of credit, they looked after me well and tried to make the handover as special as they could. Sorry about the quality, I ripped them from a video and Phone's camera is not the best.

Not done any real mileage yet, so still running it in. First up after coming from the 530D the ride is obliviously noticeable, its hard! Secondly it's fast, well actually its very fast but very assured through the corners. Although we all know it has a bias for the front wheels, I'd be dammed if I could tell. Seats are very comfortable, driving position is spot on and the interior build quality is excellent. Yes some of the plastics further down are cheaper, but coming from the 2017 530D which is of exceptional quality, it holds up very well indeed.

I think the car styling looks superb, mind you I also think the new M3/4 looks great with the larger grills, so I maybe in a minority. But literally our first stop was in Cardiff Bay for a coffee and we had people around the car.

I also need to mess with the settings, the lane departure warning is quite aggressive, and often feels if the car is tram-lining because of it, have others noticed this?

All this talk of this not being a real M car is absolutely immaterial, I just don't care, It's a great little package, it's blindingly fast, well built and I'm sure on a track you could have great fun with it.
Cracking colour choice! 😎
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 11:12 AM   #3
RobbieDouglas
Private
Rep

Quote:

Just to answer about the Lane departure warning, I believe there's 3 settings as to how reactive it is. I personally have the safety systems on Individual and I disable 'steering intervention' each time I get in the car. This still lets the steering wheel vibrate if you start drifting into another lane but gets rid of this jerk of the wheel you're talking about.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #4
Pugger1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D MSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieDouglas View Post
Just to answer about the Lane departure warning, I believe there's 3 settings as to how reactive it is. I personally have the safety systems on Individual and I disable 'steering intervention' each time I get in the car. This still lets the steering wheel vibrate if you start drifting into another lane but gets rid of this jerk of the wheel you're talking about.
Hey Robbie, thanks for the info, I think the way you have it setup makes more sense. It's actually quite aggressive how it tries to turn you back in! Fantastic photo's by the way, put my efforts to great shame. I will endeavour to produce much better images soon. Your pictures show the colour and the stance of the car in a much better light. Like you wing mirrors also!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 05:49 AM   #5
RobbieDouglas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieDouglas View Post
Hey Robbie, thanks for the info, I think the way you have it setup makes more sense. It's actually quite aggressive how it tries to turn you back in! Fantastic photo's by the way, put my efforts to great shame. I will endeavour to produce much better images soon. Your pictures show the colour and the stance of the car in a much better light. Like you wing mirrors also!!
No worries bud! Haha I appreciate it, the beauty of the colour is it's different in every light!
Appreciate 0