E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > driving pleasure??

10-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i X-Drive

driving pleasure??

hi.
was just wondering if any of you guys knew any good roads to drive around near rochester area haha
sorry for the randomness haha
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyungy89 View Post
hi.
was just wondering if any of you guys knew any good roads to drive around near rochester area haha
sorry for the randomness haha
I grew up in Rochester. I would recommend any road that gets you out of Rochester.

OK before I get flamed buy all of the Rochesterians - only kidding, Rochester was a great place to grow up.

At this time of the year you should get some pretty spectacular foliage if you head south into the Finger Lakes Region. Also the road that follows the shore of Lake Ontario through Webster and through Sodus Point was as I recall a very pretty ride.

East Avenue is probably one of the most scenic urban througoughfares in the NorthEast. It is right up there with Commonwealth Ave. in Boston and Park AVe. in NYC.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 10-22-2008 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I grew up in Rochester. I would recommend any road that gets you out of Rochester.

OK before I get flamed buy all of the Rochesterians - only kidding, Rochester was a great place to grow up.

At this time of the year you should get some pretty spectacular foliage if you head south into the Finger Lakes Region. Also the road that follows the shore of Lake Ontario through Webster and through Sodus Point was as I recall a very pretty ride.

East Avenue is probably one of the most scenic urban throughougfares in the NorthEast. It is right up there with Commonwealth Ave. in Boston and Park AVe. in NYC.
wow nice nice =)
i went to the pond road? in pittsford.. somewhere and it was really nice =)
i did my first "drift" or sliding or whatever today haha
lots of twisties and good scenery =)
thx for the info tho haha
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I just escaped from Rochester after finishing four years at the U of R.

Fingerlakes region is nice and if it weren't for cops and idiotic Rochester drivers, I90, 390, and 590 are nice places to go real fast.
Appreciate 0