BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Port injection +hpfp?

02-02-2021, 01:12 AM   #1
GeraldM2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (F87) LBB 6MT

Port injection +hpfp?

From my understanding fueling is a big issue when chasing power in these cars, before hpfps were made for our cars the only solution was port injection, but now most people just run an upgraded hpfp. I know that some people are running both an upgraded HPFP and Port injection. What would be the benefit of doing so? I am also considering doing meth injection to supplement octane/keep the engine cooler.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 01:32 AM   #2
cookiesowns
;)
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 535i N54, X3 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldM2 View Post
From my understanding fueling is a big issue when chasing power in these cars, before hpfps were made for our cars the only solution was port injection, but now most people just run an upgraded hpfp. I know that some people are running both an upgraded HPFP and Port injection. What would be the benefit of doing so? I am also considering doing meth injection to supplement octane/keep the engine cooler.
The only reason someone is doing more than just an upgraded HPFP with PI is that they are still outrunning the stock injectors and/or the stage 2 HPFP solutions out there. Which is right around 500WHP on E85 pump.

Another option is direct port methanol + upgraded HPFP if your goals are around the 5-600whp range.

More than 550whp on ethanol means injectors + a stage 3 style HPFP, or PI
Appreciate 0