BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

01-28-2021, 05:28 AM   #1
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Infiniti Q60RS

Wheel options

Looking for opinions on other wheel options.

My car came with the 552M wheels. Not sure if I really like the look. I generally like 5 spoke wheels like Vossen CV3. I like being able to see more of the calipers and rotors. Looking at other options. I would prefer to keep the wheels BMW M wheels and 19" although I could always go aftermarket.

Closest I found so far to what I am looking for are 437M, 792M, and 313 wheels.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #2
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Wheel options

Went to 3 different wheel shops to get some prices and opinions. Not a ton of options out there. Anything over 20" would require modifications to the car. I would never want bigger than that but just letting anyone know who is thinking of throwing a 22" wheel on here, lol. If you have the big brakes that will also limit you on some wheels. I would prefer to stay with 19" wheels. But one of the wheels I really like only comes in 20", so I will continue to search before making any choices. Both wheels shown here come in different color options and sizes. The black wheel only comes in 20" and up but also comes in silver. The silver wheel does come in 19" and black I believe.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by Davin21; 01-29-2021 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
jpms18.50
      02-01-2021, 07:54 AM   #3
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin21 View Post
Looking for opinions on other wheel options.

My car came with the 552M wheels. Not sure if I really like the look. I generally like 5 spoke wheels like Vossen CV3. I like being able to see more of the calipers and rotors. Looking at other options. I would prefer to keep the wheels BMW M wheels and 19" although I could always go aftermarket.

Closest I found so far to what I am looking for are 437M, 792M, and 313 wheels.

Any thoughts?
I've been researching this too the past several months and finding very few aftermarket options so far. tire rack has a few options to might want to check out. seems the wheel fitment on these cars is really limiting.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 10:20 AM   #4
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
I've been researching this too the past several months and finding very few aftermarket options so far. tire rack has a few options to might want to check out. seems the wheel fitment on these cars is really limiting.
Yeah I really like the 437M wheels. I would prefer to go OEM and not replica. I have been able to find these in replica 19x8.5 35mm offset. Which is not that bad, they would only stick out about a inch from the car. A guy had them on his M2 on here and you couldn't really tell. I believe the OEM version is 19x9, but the offset is worse so it would stick out even farther from the car. I might just pull the trigger on the replicas.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1280992
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2021, 07:25 PM   #5
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I really like the 437M wheels. I would prefer to go OEM and not replica. I have been able to find these in replica 19x8.5 35mm offset. Which is not that bad, they would only stick out about a inch from the car. A guy had them on his M2 on here and you couldn't really tell. I believe the OEM version is 19x9, but the offset is worse so it would stick out even farther from the car. I might just pull the trigger on the replicas.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1280992
yeah I've always liked that style of wheel too. however I'm worried you might have some serious rubbing issues with that offset and that they would stick out that much.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 04:46 AM   #6
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

They should be fine with a lower profile tire. They have one on hand so I am going to see if they can test fit and I can check.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #7
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Wheel Options Update

Today I continued my journey on finding wheels, lol. This wheel is one option of a few I have found. Problem is the offset makes it stick out about a inch. I love these wheels but only option is a different wheel or shave these down 5mm which will reduce the poke out by .20". I think I could live with that. Advantages are can use same tires, OEM stems, valve caps, and probably center cap. Please let me know your honest opinion.

HTML Code:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/qIBYiJG" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/qIBYiJG"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
View post on imgur.com

Last edited by Davin21; 02-12-2021 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: images
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 05:04 PM   #8
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Today I continued my journey on finding wheels, lol. This wheel is one option of a few I have found. Problem is the offset makes it stick out about a inch. I love these wheels but only option is a different wheel or shave these down 5mm which will reduce the poke out by .20". I think I could live with that. Advantages are can use same tires, OEM stems, valve caps, and probably center cap. Please let me know your honest opinion.

HTML Code:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/qIBYiJG" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/qIBYiJG"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
View post on imgur.com
I think it looks good! appears to have some nice concavity to it too, which I really like and is hard to find in a 2 series wheel due to the offset.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 05:30 AM   #9
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I think it looks good! appears to have some nice concavity to it too, which I really like and is hard to find in a 2 series wheel due to the offset.
Yeah I haven't been able to decide yet. These BMW replica wheels are easier being able to swap everything over and cheaper but looks wise I still don't know how I feel about the wheels sticking out almost a inch from the sides of the car. I am thinking about the first wheels posted, they are 20" so I would need new tires and costs would run about a thousand more. However, looks wise they are more flush with the car having a higher offset and they still have the concave look.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #10
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Nothing fancy but these are my winter wheels 🤣
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-16-2021, 01:10 PM   #11
Davin21
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Not bad. I am going for a 5 spoke design. Are those 18"?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 08:50 PM   #12
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Not bad. I am going for a 5 spoke design. Are those 18"?
Yeah 18's.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 08:26 PM   #13
joffa711
Rep
Drives: BMW 235i Grand Coupe

Quote:
Yeah I haven't been able to decide yet. These BMW replica wheels are easier being able to swap everything over and cheaper but looks wise I still don't know how I feel about the wheels sticking out almost a inch from the sides of the car. I am thinking about the first wheels posted, they are 20" so I would need new tires and costs would run about a thousand more. However, looks wise they are more flush with the car having a higher offset and they still have the concave look.
What did you end you going with?
Appreciate 0