BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions LCI Chrome trim retrofit?

12-19-2020, 04:12 AM   #1
g11730d
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G11

LCI Chrome trim retrofit?

Does anyone know where I could get the cheapest trim replacements in the UK? I have the Shadowline trim everywhere except for the grille, the exhaust and the rear strip. I would prefer it in full chrome for continuity.

Is it difficult to replace the trim pieces, or is it cost-prohibitive?
      12-19-2020, 04:58 AM   #2
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G11T11 View Post
Does anyone know where I could get the cheapest trim replacements in the UK? I have the Shadowline trim everywhere except for the grille, the exhaust and the rear strip. I would prefer it in full chrome for continuity.

Is it difficult to replace the trim pieces, or is it cost-prohibitive?
I'm sure someone on here will have chrome and want black - swap time
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 01:09 PM   #3
Beemerguy530
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530D

I find it a bit annoying that the LCI M Sport models in the UK don't allow the option to choose the chrome or aluminium trim instead of the black trim. It was nice to have a choice before. Seems to be in the UK only though as seen Chrome on LCI M Sport model in photos and assume other countries.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #4
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerguy530 View Post
I find it a bit annoying that the LCI M Sport models in the UK don't allow the option to choose the chrome or aluminium trim instead of the black trim. It was nice to have a choice before. Seems to be in the UK only though as seen Chrome on LCI M Sport model in photos and assume other countries.
Funny thing is I have just ordered a 745e M Sport in the UK and I deleted the shadowline and opted for the chrome - it’s a light (Donington Grey) car and I thought the black looked odd.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 04:28 AM   #5
Beemerguy530
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
Quote:
Funny thing is I have just ordered a 745e M Sport in the UK and I deleted the shadowline and opted for the chrome - it's a light (Donington Grey) car and I thought the black looked odd.
Yes seems to just be the 5 Series LCI M Sport models. I do find it odd with black trim especially in the side vents just behind the front wheels on the lighter coloured cars. Window trims are fine with no chrome just the side vent looks odd to me anyway.

I thought Shadowline was more about the shiny black trims around the mirror housings, B Pillars etc. Rather than the actual black or chrome strips around the windows.

If you check the SE models the mirror housing and B Pillars are actually like Matt black now shiney. Reason why I opted for Aluminium trim on my Pre LCI SE back in 2018 as I wanted the shiney black trim parts.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #6
g11730d
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G11

Quote:
Quote:
Funny thing is I have just ordered a 745e M Sport in the UK and I deleted the shadowline and opted for the chrome - it’s a light (Donington Grey) car and I thought the black looked odd.
Well it's funny because I like both the chrome and the Shadowline, but when it's mixed together it's a bit strange.
      12-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #7
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
I hate you...not really...but I am envious. This is the car I want but BMW won't bring it to the USA.
Appreciate 0