E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Nipple on valve cover CCV diaphragm...

11-11-2020, 08:30 PM   #1
mike sevel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i atlantic blue

Nipple on valve cover CCV diaphragm...

N52 E93 valve cover has integral CCV diaphragm. It has a nipple and mine is blocked with a plastic cap. I was watching a DIY video of a replacement of the CCV and a hose was connected to the nipple.

Please look at your nipples and advise me if it should be capped off or connected to a hose.

Thanx,
Mikey
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #2
JonOhh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

Garage List
Some are hosed to the ambient pressure clean side of the air intake system, some are simply capped with a plastic cap that allows the top of the ccv diaphragm to stay vented to ambient pressure. Cars came from the factory both ways, and both are completely acceptable.

In theory, having it exposed to clean (and even metered) air is better, but in practice I doubt it'll make any difference.
Appreciate 0