Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need some help fitment !

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-08-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
Julian Ahn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335xi

Need some help fitment !

Hi Bimmers

I want to ask you guys about the wheel fitment and tires as well !

I have 2009 335i xdrive sedan with KW suspension.

I am looking for new 18" wheels.

1. If i buy the

front 18x9.5 +35 offset
Rear 18x10.5 +22 offset

Will be fitting directly or should i have to do fender rolls and other thing for fitting that size of the wheels?
(I do not want to fender rolls, rubbing and others)

2. If those wheels fit directly to my car, what size of the tires should put on them front and rear?

Thank you !
Hope you guys safe all the time
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Ahn View Post
Hi Bimmers

1. If i buy the

front 18x9.5 +35 offset
Rear 18x10.5 +22 offset

Will be fitting directly or should i have to do fender rolls and other thing for fitting that size of the wheels?

2. If those wheels fit directly to my car, what size of the tires should put on them front and rear?

Thank you !
Hi there,

Those wheel sizes are quite aggressive for the non-M E9X chassis and will be far from a direct fit on a car equipped with KW coilovers.

The front 18x9.5" ET35 typically needs a 5mm front spacer to clear the stock inner suspension components. However, with KW coilovers, your inner suspension clearance is reduced, which will require an even larger spacer (12mm) to clear. With a 12mm spacer, the 18x9.5" ET35 will poke well past the front fenders and will require significant front negative camber (camber plates) to fit without rubbing.

The rear 18x10.5" ET22 will need a rear fender roll/pull and potentially some rear negative camber to fit without rubbing, depending on your ride height and specific tire selection.

If you are looking for an easier-fitting staggered setup, I would recommend running something a bit less aggressive:

Front: 18x9" ET30 or ET31 with 245/40-18 tires
Rear: 18x10" ET33 with 275/35-18 tires
-5mm front spacers required with KW coilovers
-Rolled rear fenders may be required to prevent rubbing depending on ride height.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

-Geirsen
      11-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
Julian Ahn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Quote:
Hi Bimmers

1. If i buy the

front 18x9.5 +35 offset
Rear 18x10.5 +22 offset

Thank you !
Hi there,

Those wheel sizes are quite aggressive for the non-M E9X chassis and will be far from a direct fit on a car equipped with KW coilovers.

The front 18x9.5" ET35 typically needs a 5mm front spacer to clear the stock inner suspension components. However, with KW coilovers, your inner suspension clearance is reduced, which will require an even larger spacer (12mm) to clear. With a 12mm spacer, the 18x9.5" ET35 will poke well past the front fenders and will require significant front negative camber (camber plates) to fit without rubbing.

The rear 18x10.5" ET22 will need a rear fender roll/pull and potentially some rear negative camber to fit without rubbing, depending on your ride height and specific tire selection.

If you are looking for an easier-fitting staggered setup, I would recommend running something a bit less aggressive:

Front: 18x9" ET30 or ET31 with 245/40-18 tires
Rear: 18x10" ET33 with 275/35-18 tires
-5mm front spacers required with KW coilovers
-Rolled rear fenders may be required to prevent rubbing depending on ride height.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

-Geirsen
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. It helped me a lot in my decision.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. It helped me a lot in my decision.
Always happy to help a fellow enthusiast!

I highly suggest checking out our non-M E9X fitment guide if you want to brush up on some of the different wheel fitments known to work for that chassis: https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide

Cheers!

-Geirsen