E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > UUC DSSR Fitment

10-10-2020, 06:20 PM   #1
ltdarnell
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

UUC DSSR Fitment

While trying to install the DSSR it felt like the ends of rod would not be able to clear the shifter rod joint. So I ended up putting on the original rod for the mean time.

The UUC DSSR was purchased at ECStuning with the part number:
DSSR177-B, saying that this will fit my car. 2011 E90 328i Sedan.

Is it possible that I may have received a bad rod or that they just lied about fitment? Has anyone else experienced this problem or found a way to make this rod fit over the rod joint?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #2
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Yes I had the same issue. I could not get the rod installed it would not fit at either end, shifter or tranny. Plus when placed next to my oem shift rod the dssr was shorter so it would have moved my shifter offcenter in the boot.

I thought I got the wrong part I emailed and they confirmed correct one. So I ended up returning the dssr because it simply didn’t fit. Then there was the battle with UUC for a refund. They were non responsive to questions when I asked if they received my return, when would I get my refund, etc. I sent 4 emails over 2 weeks asking what was going on.

After 14 days I ended up doing a chargeback on my card and ended up only losing out on return shipping. I’ll never buy another product from them again.

Lucky you bought it from a reputable dealer and not direct!

Last edited by Biginboca; 10-10-2020 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 06:48 PM   #3
ltdarnell
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Yes I had the same issue. I could not get the rod installed it would not fit at either end, shifter or tranny. Plus when placed next to my oem shift rod the dssr was shorter so it would have moved my shifter offcenter in the boot.

I thought I got the wrong part I emailed and they confirmed correct one. So I ended up returning the dssr because it simply didn’t fit. Then there was the battle with UUC for a refund. They were non responsive to questions when I asked if they received my return, when would I get my refund, etc. I sent 4 emails over 2 weeks asking what was going on.

After 14 days I ended up doing a chargeback on my card and ended up only losing out on return shipping. I’ll never buy another product from them again.

Lucky you bought it from a reputable dealer and not direct!
Ahh that sucks. I guess I'll have to start on that return/refund process.
Thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #4
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Totally better off going to an Indy. I had my pal in Chesapeake do a custom dssr. No issues! Hope this helps. Maybe you can take a salvaged oem unit and they can match everything up in your creation? Unless you're a welder, then I apologize. :,)