E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 328ci rough idle/stall issues.

10-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #1
E92William
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Hello I recently bought my first E46 after having mostly E9x cars. I know this is the NA section here for E9x but I guess some people might have come from earlier bmws and might know a thing or two.

So what happens is the car sometimes you start it up and it idles great and runs fine, I drove it 50 miles fine home from buying it but other times you start it up and it idles very rough with misfire codes and many others I will post here. The car sometimes it's idling fine and just shuts off, it's not like a stall, it's as if I had turned the key to off, very weird.

I replaced:
The upper breather hose which goes to the valve cover as it was split in half. The hose came new in the trunk so maybe PO knew about the problem.

Any idea as to what this could be or diagnostic steps? The codes that it had before and haven't popped back after clearing are:
P1188 bank 1 fuel control
P1189 bank 2 fuel control
P1250 low fuel pressure?
P1770
All others in the picture below.
My inpa isn't wanting to show me actual codes instead it gives a soup of letters and numbers in German so I have to use Torque.

Fuel trims sometimes 0 out perfectly then they go to +27 steady so idk if this is faulty or just it going into some kind of failsafe

I think it's a ccv vacuum leak but I don't want to throw parts at it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0