BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-30-2020, 03:46 AM   #1
vonkobalus
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

X5 45e (EU) review after 10.000km (~6.200miles) (with updates up to 60.000km)

I picked-up my X5 45e in May 2020. It’s a Tanzanite Blue well equipped with M Sport Packet, Integral steering, 21” M wheels, Acoustic glass, Harman Kardon, Business Class Packet (Comfort seats with default leather, etc.), Innovation Packet (Auto-Pilot, etc.), Laser Lights. It’s our primary family car, used on a variety or roads ranging from local roads to highways, short and long trips. We live in rural area, but I also use it as my business car and we also do a lot of family trips. Today's numbers from board computer are: current mileage: 10.510km, of that 6.225 on electric, 4.285 on gasoline, total average fuel economy 5.5 l/100km (42.8 US mpg, 51.4 UK mpg). We have a solar plant on our house therefore the electricity for charging the batteries is basically for free (taking into account that we have a surplus of energy).

General opinion:

We (as a family, me, wife and two kids) all love the car. It’s big, but still rides very smooth. My wife was used to 218d Active Tourer and was afraid that X5 would be too big to handle. But thanks to very good visibility, all parking assistance tools and integral steering all fears are gone and she says it’s easier to drive than the much smaller 218d. The back seats are very comfortable, I fixed the Travel & Comfort System with Samsung Galaxy S4 Pads so the kids are fine even with longer trips . In past I had BMW 5-series Touring, Honda Accord Touring and some other cars. This X5 is a few orders of magnitude better than anything I drove before. I love the vehicle being PHEV. It has a great fuel economy for such a large and heavy car. And the moment when you plug the car in the socket and see the solar energy floating into the car’s battery is also very satisfying. On the same side I have no worries for longer trips or some unplanned “extensions” since you can find a gas station literally anywhere in the world. I also considered a full EV (test drove Tesla X and some other EV cars) but our local charging infrastructure and in general the EU infrastructure is not even close to have a peace of mind when traveling without constantly have to worry when and for how long you’ll have to stop in order to re-charge and this is not acceptable for me (battery ranges are too low in real-world driving).

One thing that is absolutely worth mentioning is that just like any BMW, you will have to make sure to buy enough additional equipment to make your BMW an enjoyable car. This is simply a fact. I’ve driven lots of basic-equipped BMW’s and these are totally different cars, I would say not worth the premium price tag over some other lower-end car makers. So absolutely make sure to pick up additional equipment – if you find it too expensive, don’t be shy and look for some other car manufacturer since it may give you more satisfaction with better default or packet-based equipment.

Now for some detailed cons and pros, Cons first:

1. Number one disappointment is the limitation of 3.7kW charging power. It’s enough for home charging (and yes, I do 99% of charging at home). However in the past 10.000km there were quite a few possibilities to do some free recharge on our trips, but due to so slow charging we usually only gained like 10km or so per charging during our stops. We could do full-recharge having 22kW charging power. Also, since many commercial charging stations are using pricing per minute and not per kW and the charging pricing is usually fixed at 11kW or 22kW, the charging on commercial charging stations is absolutely useless since it’s more expensive than gasoline. And lastly – this is a 2020 top-end PHEV car. It simply is a shame to only have 3.7kW, period.

2. The BMW Connected App and overall the BMW Sofware (on-board) could be better. The mobile App is limited, it could show more data, offer more functionalities. BMW on-board Software has some glitches, some settings are hard to find, some settings are lost if you “click too much”. This is something that I hope to be improved with future software upgrades.

3. Auto-Pilot is really basic. To be frank, no car manufacturer is yet able to offer a decent auto-pilot. Tesla is the leader here, no doubts. But even Tesla only offers a decent auto-pilot experience only on highway and some non-highway pars of USA roads. The X5’s auto-pilot is only usable on highway, where it works as expected, I had no problems. On local roads it really can’t keep lanes, will not stop, etc. So really basic auto-pilot.

Well, this is actually all that I can say regarding the Cons. Up to now I didn’t have any issues, all the features works as expected (and I really strive to use as much of them as possible). I would like to point out something about using various features. I read this forum a lot and there are many users having issues with particular features. I often find that users actually do not use the features as they are intended to be used. We can agree that some features (like comfort access, switching modes, setting some settings, etc.) are not offered through optimal user experience or are not intuitive enough. However if you take your time and actually go read the users manual, make sure you really know how to use a particular feature you’ll find out that usually everything actually works as expected!

Now for the Pros:

1. The car is so smooth, so easy to drive, the air suspension is great. The silence (I have Acoustic glass) in the cabin, the size of the cabin is great. Pure joy to drive.

2. The car is strong! When you push it and both engines kick-in the acceleration is stunning for a 2.5ton vehicle. I also have a Mustang 5.0 GT in my garage and believe me, I was really impressed with the engine performance. Don’t be shy and compare it side to side with 50i or even X5M ... you’ll find out that there are very few roads where you will be able to be faster with 50i or X5M ... it’s not that 50i or X5M are not stronger or faster ... but the 45e is simply fast and strong enough!

3. The real-world EV range is very good. Batteries gives for about 60km of range in real world for mix drive (I don’t drive slow, I use the car without limiting myself during rides). And the re-generation is also worth mentioning. If you do a trip with some descents you’ll notice significant battery recharging. And if you do braking carefully you’ll also gain some km or two … those kms stacks up during car’s lifetime and is simply nice to have it!

4. The overall car visibility (given it’s a SUV), combined with 3D view and other assistance tools, with great lights (Laser lights in my case) in great. This makes me feel safe and confident when driving the car and this is of great importance to me.

I only mentioned a few Pros but I guess that by now you already figured out that I love the car and I easily recommend it to anybody. It’s is very comfortable and big, yet easy to drive. It’s PHEV, yet very strong and fast with great fuel economy. It makes enjoyable ride to all the passengers for short and long trips. It’s the best car I’ve driven up to now.

p.s.: I’ll update this review after the next 10.000km.

*UPDATE after 20.000km: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=38

*UPDATE after 30.000km: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=48

UPDATE after 60.000km

Last edited by vonkobalus; 07-27-2022 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: new information
Appreciate 14
GrussGott18193.50
Caramel128.50
X5 45e1090.50
BXdriver159.00
youngbr24.50
eddiehaug752.00
volodp199.50
      09-30-2020, 04:38 AM   #2
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

I'll do a short one after 14.500 km's on the clock.

Pro
1. The powertrain: coming from a 520d it is a world apart, smooth electric when going slow, nice-sounding, and fast with the 6 inline when needed.
2. General ride: first time having air suspension I will never order a car again without, even on my 22' it is so comfortable and relaxing. No it isn't sporty but if you want a sporty car a 2,5ton SUV will never be a good choice.
3. Electronics: many features, assistants, and so on and it all works as intended. No problems encountered with the roof.

Cons
1. Yep, charging speed. As I live in an apartment in the middle of Brussels I have no means of charging at home (cable to the underground garage is impossible) so I depend heavily on public infrastructure. When you are not planning on staying in the same place for multiple hours charging is useless as it won't add a lot of range. As a result, I average 10l/100km, not eco-friendly but I bought the car because of fiscal reasons due to our idiot government.
2. The Harman Kardon is not what I expected, it lacks low-end bass. After playing with the equalizer I managed to get it to an acceptable level in combination with an equalizer on my phone when playing via Bluetooth.
3. General build quality is not what it used to be, paint is very sensitive to rock chips as is the windshield. The interior leather needs to be handled with care.

In general, I'm very happy with the car and I smile every time I get in it.
GrussGott18193.50
      09-30-2020, 08:28 AM   #3
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonkobalus View Post
I picked-up my X5 45e in May 2020. It's a Tanzanite Blue well equipped with M Sport Packet, Integral steering, 21" M wheels, Acoustic glass, Harman Kardon, Business Class Packet (Comfort seats with default leather, etc.), Innovation Packet (Auto-Pilot, etc.), Laser Lights. It's our primary family car, used on a variety or roads ranging from local roads to highways, short and long trips. We live in rural area, but I also use it as my business car and we also do a lot of family trips. Today's numbers from board computer are: current mileage: 10.510km, of that 6.225 on electric, 4.285 on gasoline, total average fuel economy 5.5 l/100km (42.8 US mpg, 51.4 UK mpg). We have a solar plant on our house therefore the electricity for charging the batteries is basically for free (taking into account that we have a surplus of energy).

General opinion:

We (as a family, me, wife and two kids) all love the car. It's big, but still rides very smooth. My wife was used to 218d Active Tourer and was afraid that X5 would be too big to handle. But thanks to very good visibility, all parking assistance tools and integral steering all fears are gone and she says it's easier to drive than the much smaller 218d. The back seats are very comfortable, I fixed the Travel & Comfort System with Samsung Galaxy S4 Pads so the kids are fine even with longer trips . In past I had BMW 5-series Touring, Honda Accord Touring and some other cars. This X5 is a few orders of magnitude better than anything I drove before. I love the vehicle being PHEV. It has a great fuel economy for such a large and heavy car. And the moment when you plug the car in the socket and see the solar energy floating into the car's battery is also very satisfying. On the same side I have no worries for longer trips or some unplanned "extensions" since you can find a gas station literally anywhere in the world. I also considered a full EV (test drove Tesla X and some other EV cars) but our local charging infrastructure and in general the EU infrastructure is not even close to have a peace of mind when traveling without constantly have to worry when and for how long you'll have to stop in order to re-charge and this is not acceptable for me (battery ranges are too low in real-world driving).

One thing that is absolutely worth mentioning is that just like any BMW, you will have to make sure to buy enough additional equipment to make your BMW an enjoyable car. This is simply a fact. I've driven lots of basic-equipped BMW's and these are totally different cars, I would say not worth the premium price tag over some other lower-end car makers. So absolutely make sure to pick up additional equipment – if you find it too expensive, don't be shy and look for some other car manufacturer since it may give you more satisfaction with better default or packet-based equipment.

Now for some detailed cons and pros, Cons first:

1. Number one disappointment is the limitation of 3.7kW charging power. It's enough for home charging (and yes, I do 99% of charging at home). However in the past 10.000km there were quite a few possibilities to do some free recharge on our trips, but due to so slow charging we usually only gained like 10km or so per charging during our stops. We could do full-recharge having 22kW charging power. Also, since many commercial charging stations are using pricing per minute and not per kW and the charging pricing is usually fixed at 11kW or 22kW, the charging on commercial charging stations is absolutely useless since it's more expensive than gasoline. And lastly – this is a 2020 top-end PHEV car. It simply is a shame to only have 3.7kW, period.

2. The BMW Connected App and overall the BMW Sofware (on-board) could be better. The mobile App is limited, it could show more data, offer more functionalities. BMW on-board Software has some glitches, some settings are hard to find, some settings are lost if you "click too much". This is something that I hope to be improved with future software upgrades.

3. Auto-Pilot is really basic. To be frank, no car manufacturer is yet able to offer a decent auto-pilot. Tesla is the leader here, no doubts. But even Tesla only offers a decent auto-pilot experience only on highway and some non-highway pars of USA roads. The X5's auto-pilot is only usable on highway, where it works as expected, I had no problems. On local roads it really can't keep lanes, will not stop, etc. So really basic auto-pilot.

Well, this is actually all that I can say regarding the Cons. Up to now I didn't have any issues, all the features works as expected (and I really strive to use as much of them as possible). I would like to point out something about using various features. I read this forum a lot and there are many users having issues with particular features. I often find that users actually do not use the features as they are intended to be used. We can agree that some features (like comfort access, switching modes, setting some settings, etc.) are not offered through optimal user experience or are not intuitive enough. However if you take your time and actually go read the users manual, make sure you really know how to use a particular feature you'll find out that usually everything actually works as expected!

Now for the Pros:

1. The car is so smooth, so easy to drive, the air suspension is great. The silence (I have Acoustic glass) in the cabin, the size of the cabin is great. Pure joy to drive.

2. The car is strong! When you push it and both engines kick-in the acceleration is stunning for a 2.5ton vehicle. I also have a Mustang 5.0 GT in my garage and believe me, I was really impressed with the engine performance. Don't be shy and compare it side to side with 50i or even X5M ... you'll find out that there are very few roads where you will be able to be faster with 50i or X5M ... it's not that 50i or X5M are not stronger or faster ... but the 45e is simply fast and strong enough!

3. The real-world EV range is very good. Batteries gives for about 60km of range in real world for mix drive (I don't drive slow, I use the car without limiting myself during rides). And the re-generation is also worth mentioning. If you do a trip with some descents you'll notice significant battery recharging. And if you do braking carefully you'll also gain some km or two … those kms stacks up during car's lifetime and is simply nice to have it!

4. The overall car visibility (given it's a SUV), combined with 3D view and other assistance tools, with great lights (Laser lights in my case) in great. This makes me feel safe and confident when driving the car and this is of great importance to me.

I only mentioned a few Pros but I guess that by now you already figured out that I love the car and I easily recommend it to anybody. It's is very comfortable and big, yet easy to drive. It's PHEV, yet very strong and fast with great fuel economy. It makes enjoyable ride to all the passengers for short and long trips. It's the best car I've driven up to now.

p.s.: I'll update this review after the next 10.000km.
Nice review 👍

Perfect indication for a PHEV: free, green solar electricity and 60-40 electric ICE.
Appreciate 1
sunfarm26.50
      09-30-2020, 12:15 PM   #4
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
vonkobalus , Pateeke81

Thanks for the reviews! As I'm about to spec up mine (next week), I'd appreciate it if you could give me some info about a couple of extras:

1. Is the active steering necessary? I mean, does it make any real difference?
2. The same about the acoustic glazing. The sales rep told me that the X5 is such an awesome car anyway, that the acoustic glazing was not really needed.

Previous BMWs: 330e Touring xDrive (G21, 2021), 330e (G20, 2019), 530e (G30, 2018).
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #5
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

I would like to add one 'con' here:

I find the paint quality quite bad. I have various small (we are speaking mm here) chips in my paint. Seems to me the paint is very very fragile and it chips very easily when hit by something.

There is one very minor hit of another cars door that I saw happening. So minor that I was not even concerned about it....until closer inspection. On my previous BMW's that kind of abuse would not have been an issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #6
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaug View Post
vonkobalus , Pateeke81

Thanks for the reviews! As I'm about to spec up mine (next week), I'd appreciate it if you could give me some info about a couple of extras:

2. The same about the acoustic glazing. The sales rep told me that the X5 is such an awesome car anyway, that the acoustic glazing was not really needed.
IAS is nice to have on parking lots and roundabouts. It isn't absolutely necessary but it makes life easier. I can't comment on highway stability I haven't driven a car without so I don't know the difference. But for me it is nice and stable. Don't take any getting used to and no weird feeling for me.

Acoustic glazing, also nice to have. Ik makes the car more silent, less road noise. The car is already quit with the electric engine. It is also a safety feature, the glass is more difficult to break.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #7
vonkobalus
Rep

Quote:
vonkobalus , Pateeke81
First of all, none of the additional equipment is "necessary" But like I said in my review - it is the additional equipment that actually makes BMW an enjoyable car.

1. Regarding active steering - some users hate it, some users love it. If you are used to ride cars with total control and as much direct control from steering wheel to the tires, then do NOT get it. However, if you like to get great maneuvering in small places and smooth overtaking on the highways, then active steering is simply great. In my personal opinion is one of the must-have options.

2. Acoustic glazing - it will not make day/night difference, but will add 5-10% of additional sound proofing (depends on type of trip / weather / wind / speed). Again - I personally like to talk a LOT when driving, either with other passengers or via hands-free phone. And I also love good sound, so for me it is worth it since I like to minimize external sound disturbances as much as possible. But I would not consider it at a definite must have.

Since we're talking about the options, here is my absolute must have for G05:

- M Sport package
- Laser lights (mainly do to totally different and better front look)
- Active steering
- Harman Kardon (or if you are sound enthusiast, Bowers & Wilkins)
- comfort access, comfort seats, comfort heating
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Head-Up projector
Appreciate 1
BXdriver159.00
      09-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #8
vonkobalus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post

I find the paint quality quite bad. I have various small (we are speaking mm here) chips in my paint. Seems to me the paint is very very fragile and it chips very easily when hit by something.
Yes, I have to agree on this. Like I said in my post, I have the "Tanzanite Blue". It looks fantastic, it symbolizes the "PHEV" (blue or green are usually related to E-something) and it's amazing how it changes during sunlight, darkness and direct light.

However this color is so delicate and fragile that I had to do polishing directly from my dealership pickup! There were micro razes which you couldn't see if you would not pay attention but since color changes the razes were seen under certain angles. So I drove my car from dealership directly to a professional workshop to do complete polishing and complete ceramic protection + Paint Protection Foil over the hood. The man at the workshop said that he has never seen so delicate color in his entire career (20+ years) and also noted that BMW colors are worse every year. So yes, fist of all I really can not recommend "Tanzanite Blue" and if you can - protect the paint right after you get your car from the dealership. BMW will definitely have to improve their color finish quality.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #9
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
vonkobalus , Pateeke81

1. For me yes, my car is parked underground with some very tight turns to take. Really makes the X5 as handy as a 3 series. Also handy in the narrow Brussels streets where I live.

2. I have them and for me it is a must have as it makes electric driving even more silent and relaxing.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 01:31 PM   #10
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post

There is one very minor hit of another cars door that I saw happening. So minor that I was not even concerned about it....until closer inspection. On my previous BMW's that kind of abuse would not have been an issue.
+1, mentioned it in my feedback too.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 02:33 PM   #11
Rikkiokbye
Private
Rep

Really helpful reviews.

Fills me with confidence that I have made the right choice. My car goes into production in two weeks for end of November UK delivery.

I too have solar panels and will mainly cover electric miles as daily commute is 34 miles. I am interested to know if there is regen in electric only mode as this is the mode I intend to use mostly.

My spec is:
Phytonic blue
20inch wheels
M sport
Technology pack
Comfort plus pack
Panoramic sunroof
Sun protection glass
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #12
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkiokbye View Post
Really helpful reviews.

Fills me with confidence that I have made the right choice. My car goes into production in two weeks for end of November UK delivery.

I too have solar panels and will mainly cover electric miles as daily commute is 34 miles. I am interested to know if there is regen in electric only mode as this is the mode I intend to use mostly.

My spec is:
Phytonic blue
20inch wheels
M sport
Technology pack
Comfort plus pack
Panoramic sunroof
Sun protection glass
Yes there is regen in electric mode. It slows down when releasing the paddle. If you time it correctly you can slow down almost to a stop for traffic lights on regen.

Regen slowing down is most is sport mode and least in hybrid mode. In hybrid it coasts free and doesn't slow down.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18193.50
      09-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #13
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Yes there is regen in electric mode. It slows down when releasing the paddle. If you time it correctly you can slow down almost to a stop for traffic lights on regen.

Regen slowing down is most is sport mode and least in hybrid mode. In hybrid it coasts free and doesn't slow down.
Doesn't the sport mode automatically turn on the engine though? So you use gas to get the most amount of regen?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #14
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
Quote:

Doesn't the sport mode automatically turn on the engine though? So you use gas to get the most amount of regen?
Gear in sport (stick to the left) turns the ICE on directly and it stays on.

Sport drive mode doesn't always. In sport mode it tries to regen as much as possible and keep / charge to a certain % to have enough battery for e boost in a sporty driving style. It does turn the ICE on much quicker as in hybrid mode.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18193.50
      09-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #15
Sirksael
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
2. The Harman Kardon is not what I expected, it lacks low-end bass. ....

YES! totally agree. And it is very hard to fix, I fixed the low end bass by adding a subwoofer but now it sounds like breaking glass at higher volumes. Too much sound processing!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:31 PM   #16
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Quote:
IAS is nice to have on parking lots and roundabouts. It isn't absolutely necessary but it makes life easier. I can't comment on highway stability I haven't driven a car without so I don't know the difference. But for me it is nice and stable. Don't take any getting used to and no weird feeling for me.

Acoustic glazing, also nice to have. Ik makes the car more silent, less road noise. The car is already quit with the electric engine. It is also a safety feature, the glass is more difficult to break.

Quote:
First of all, none of the additional equipment is "necessary" But like I said in my review - it is the additional equipment that actually makes BMW an enjoyable car.

1. Regarding active steering - some users hate it, some users love it. If you are used to ride cars with total control and as much direct control from steering wheel to the tires, then do NOT get it. However, if you like to get great maneuvering in small places and smooth overtaking on the highways, then active steering is simply great. In my personal opinion is one of the must-have options.

2. Acoustic glazing - it will not make day/night difference, but will add 5-10% of additional sound proofing (depends on type of trip / weather / wind / speed). Again - I personally like to talk a LOT when driving, either with other passengers or via hands-free phone. And I also love good sound, so for me it is worth it since I like to minimize external sound disturbances as much as possible. But I would not consider it at a definite must have.

Thanks, guys. I actually have the equivalent of active steering in my G20 and I like it a lot, but it's an expensive option for the X5, that's why I'm asking. Regarding the sound proofing, I also have it in my G20, but according to the dealer is not necessary.

Have you guys tried the Sport seats? The package I'm being offered comes with those, and since I also want the Laser Lights (which I also have right now, and though I rarely used them I love the look and how they work when I do use them), the comfort package, and maybe a couple other things, I'm checking what I could leave out without noticing it much. The car comes pretty much fully loaded otherwise.

Previous BMWs: 330e Touring xDrive (G21, 2021), 330e (G20, 2019), 530e (G30, 2018).
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #17
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

I test drove the X45e and I noticed that when in electric mode the A/C system blew warmer air. Once the ICE started the A/C blew nice and cold but when in electric mode, it started getting warm. Is that normal behavior? I really only noticed the lack of cold air on first start up. Once driving, it seemed fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #18
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
I test drove the X45e and I noticed that when in electric mode the A/C system blew warmer air. Once the ICE started the A/C blew nice and cold but when in electric mode, it started getting warm. Is that normal behavior? I really only noticed the lack of cold air on first start up. Once driving, it seemed fine.
You have to check if the air condition is actually on. In my car (G20) the air condition had the tendency to suddenly turn off, but once I fixed it, it made a big difference.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #19
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
You have to check if the air condition is actually on. In my car (G20) the air condition had the tendency to suddenly turn off, but once I fixed it, it made a big difference.
That is one thing indeed.

Other thing is if it is in hybrid eco pro and I also in electric individual (not 100 % sure) the AC can be set to eco mode. It is considerably less cold.

AC in eco mode is not cooling enough to be comfortable when it is warm outside.

So if you are driving in electric individual and accelerate fast, the drive mode will switch to hybrid and the ICE will turn on and the AC will go back to normal mode because drive mode is hybrid.

Or there is something wrong ... although the AC is electric and connected to the HV battery and not to the ICE. So I wouldn't know why it would do that. Unless the battery was really low. But even then I don't think it would.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #20
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, guys. I actually have the equivalent of active steering in my G20 and I like it a lot, but it's an expensive option for the X5, that's why I'm asking. Regarding the sound proofing, I also have it in my G20, but according to the dealer is not necessary.

Have you guys tried the Sport seats? The package I'm being offered comes with those, and since I also want the Laser Lights (which I also have right now, and though I rarely used them I love the look and how they work when I do use them), the comfort package, and maybe a couple other things, I'm checking what I could leave out without noticing it much. The car comes pretty much fully loaded otherwise.
You don't have the equivalent of IAS in your G20 I think. The 3 series doesn't have the steering rear wheels. This makes a big difference in turning radius for the G05.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #21
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

The standard seats are the sport seats (or do you mean the M sport seats) they are less comfortable as comfort seats. I wouldn't buy a car without comfort seats.

Acoustic glass can be missed but I am happy I have it.

IAS is expensive. In Europe streets, parking lots and garages are smaller as in the US. So if you don't live in a city maybe you can do without? Still I am happy with my IAS

The lasers are quite expensive too. I have them and like them for the looks. And to be honest I don't see the front of my car a lot. It is more when I see another one driving by with led lights that I am happy I have the lasers.

Difficult to advise, it is all very personal. But I would at least want comfort seats and driving assistant pro and parking pro for the 360 camera. And if budget allows I would gradually add more options.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #22
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Quote:
The standard seats are the sport seats (or do you mean the M sport seats) they are less comfortable as comfort seats. I wouldn't buy a car without comfort seats.

Acoustic glass can be missed but I am happy I have it.

IAS is expensive. In Europe streets, parking lots and garages are smaller as in the US. So if you don't live in a city maybe you can do without? Still I am happy with my IAS

Yeah, I know it doesn't turn the back wheels, but it does the same with the front wheels.

I live in Europe, and though I don't have so much of an issue with narrow streets, as in Belgium or The Netherlands, I do think that for such a big car it could be of great help in parking lots, which are very tight sometimes.

And yes, I mean the Sport seats, the M-seats are even more expensive than the comfort ones.

I'll try to test the car next week, though it seems all the cars at the dealer are equipped with comfort seats

Appreciate 0