BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

Closed Thread

09-25-2020, 10:36 PM   #1
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

What is the "BMW Performance Design elements deletion" option?

Does anyone know what this option is? "BMW Performance Design elements deletion"

It is listed in the USA market press release as a standalone option. I am very curious.

I have not seen it in any of the English speaking configurators (can't speak for German or others)

Spoiler delete? Body color side sills and diffuser?
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2020, 11:30 PM   #2
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

The Canadian equivalent is confusingly named “Without Exterior Lines Designation”, but based on renders in the configurator with and without, it appears to delete gloss black elements and replace them with body coloured ones. This applies to things like the spoiler, mirrors, exhaust tips, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Closing the loop on my own thread, it looks like this got renamed to the much more obvious "extended shadow line delete"

Side note it shows how much bmw wants the base and comp to feel similar (minus the transmission) rather than comp being an "upgrade"... for no charge a buyer can opt for their comp to look like base or base like a comp. shadow line delete on comp and on base shadow line trim are both no cost
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      10-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Side note it shows how much bmw wants the base and comp to feel similar (minus the transmission) rather than comp being an "upgrade"... for no charge a buyer can opt for their comp to look like base or base like a comp. shadow line delete on comp and on base shadow line trim are both no cost
Yep.

You can even select from all of the same wheel options. Of course, there's an additional charge to do that on the base model since it comes standard with the 18"/19" combo in the US. Unfortunately, they don't similarly refund you the price of the upgrade if you choose the smaller wheels on the Competition model. That would have been of benefit for anyone planning to switch immediately to aftermarket wheels on that model.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
Closed Thread