BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Please help me! Would really appreciate it!

09-15-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Bulldog619
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Please help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

I know it's a 7 series but I have seen other posts with people who have 5s and have the same issue. I cannot find a fix or anybody that knows what a going on. Somebody please help me!

Hello everyone I am new to Bimmerpost and need your help and input on an issue with my car. I just purchased a new 2020 740i and have been hearing a weird clicking/spring noise whenever I put the car in reverse at slow speed and then brake, it also happens when I drive at slow speeds and tap the brakes. It's really annoying, embarrassing and frustrating. I just want my car to sound normal and not have this issue anymore. If anybody knows what I am experiencing I would greatly appreciate your help as this is driving me crazy! Please give me your input

I have taken the car to BMW of San Diego 3 times and they just cannot figure it out.

Car has 9k Miles.

I have attached a video below of what I am experiencing.

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
BimmerJ550
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550I xdrive

Garage List
2014 Bmw 535i   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog619 View Post
I know it's a 7 series but I have seen other posts with people who have 5s and have the same issue. I cannot find a fix or anybody that knows what a going on. Somebody please help me!

Hello everyone I am new to Bimmerpost and need your help and input on an issue with my car. I just purchased a new 2020 740i and have been hearing a weird clicking/spring noise whenever I put the car in reverse at slow speed and then brake, it also happens when I drive at slow speeds and tap the brakes. It's really annoying, embarrassing and frustrating. I just want my car to sound normal and not have this issue anymore. If anybody knows what I am experiencing I would greatly appreciate your help as this is driving me crazy! Please give me your input

I have taken the car to BMW of San Diego 3 times and they just cannot figure it out.

Car has 9k Miles.

I have attached a video below of what I am experiencing.

my mom just had this problem the other day, backed up makes that noise and when stationary turning the wheel I noticed it came from the rear. now I don't know if the rear is supposed to tilt during steering also but thats what I got. she's taking it in tomorrow for that and a battery.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 08:59 AM   #3
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
hearing a weird clicking/spring noise whenever I put the car in reverse at slow speed and then brake
Is it all that crap you have hanging from the rear view mirror?

Seriously, get rid of that before asking for us to hear noises, as I'm not sure what it is that I'm listening for.

Does the noise get easier to hear with the windows down?

Often the brakes will make a noise, which is simply the pads shifting around. Perfectly normal, especially when changing directions.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 2
nisam12.00
      09-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #4
Bulldog619
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Quote:
hearing a weird clicking/spring noise whenever I put the car in reverse at slow speed and then brake
Is it all that crap you have hanging from the rear view mirror?

Seriously, get rid of that before asking for us to hear noises, as I'm not sure what it is that I'm listening for.

Does the noise get easier to hear with the windows down?

Often the brakes will make a noise, which is simply the pads shifting around. Perfectly normal, especially when changing directions.
No crap hanging anywhere. That's called a rosary you are referring to, not crap buddy. You can definitely hear it. You gotta listen more carefully.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Quote:
No crap hanging anywhere. That's called a rosary you are referring to, not crap buddy. You can definitely hear it. You gotta listen more carefully.
Seriously I heard all kinds of sounds in your clip including the rosary you have attached, and I can't tell what's what. You should remove it and shoot another clip if you want people to really be able to help you.
      09-17-2020, 06:50 PM   #6
Bulldog619
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
Quote:
Seriously I heard all kinds of sounds in your clip including the rosary you have attached, and I can't tell what's what. You should remove it and shoot another clip if you want people to really be able to help you.
The car is in service thanks for everyone's reply. The foreman at BMW and service advisor both heard the creaking noise fine in the video.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #7
Bulldog619
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
Quote:
The car is in service thanks for everyone's reply. The foreman at BMW and service advisor both heard the creaking noise fine in the video.
Sounds just like this

Audio file below

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...69&o=OneUp
Appreciate 0