E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Next mods that I'm thinking off..

08-19-2020, 03:49 PM   #1
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ix E91

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
1. Exhaust - Magnaflow 16537 (on order $783)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

Let me know if you have experience with any other these Or are a waste of $$.. I'm ok with "that's stupid dude"
      08-19-2020, 03:59 PM   #2
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

My feeling is that unless you need new cats anyway (like oem is shot and you need the new ones for emissions testing reasons) then the ROI for catted headers isn’t there. They are too pricey for the gains. If you don’t have emissions testing, or live in a place where you can get away with catless, then get catless headers.
Appreciate 2
Noir883.00
      08-19-2020, 06:12 PM   #3
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

I'd look into the bilstein b6s. Decent performance shocks and struts. Shouldn't be over a grand. Springs... that's something to research. +1 on the catted header assessment. The only time it's worthy to grab is if you're in an emissions restricted area. I know oem exhaust manifolds are absolutely meant to gouge your wallet. I'd only default to aFe if I NEEDED cats due to failed primaries. Exhaust... cheapest (but requires some handy work) is doing the performance exhaust modification to the OEM muffler. It'll sound good. Plenty of exhaust setups in the NA forum. I'd just search what you're looking to do... you'll see anything from the PE to custom true dual setups.
      08-19-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoidat69 View Post
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

Let me know if you have experience with any other these Or are a waste of $$.. I'm ok with "that's stupid dude"
Get 3 stage intake manifold. Modify your airbox: get revo hose, remove carbon filter, do dinan mod. Get milvs. Get BMW PE (if you can) or equivalent. Get Stage PF tune.

With listed items, you will get power and awesome sound. I felt more difference with this setup than with swapping out headers. It might not be even worth getting headers.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #5
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
Quote:
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

Get 3 stage intake manifold. Modify your airbox: get revo hose, remove carbon filter, do dinan mod. Get milvs. Get BMW PE (if you can) or equivalent. Get Stage PF tune.

With listed items, you will get power and awesome sound. I felt more difference with this setup than with swapping out headers. It might not be even worth getting headers.
Quote:
Quote:
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

I have 3SIM and 330 tune from BimmerLabs but will wait on Milvs as I just did VCG like 5k ago.. don't want to mess that up as it took two tries to get it right.. but it was a noticeable difference
      08-19-2020, 08:17 PM   #6
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

Quote:
Quote:
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

I have 3SIM and 330 tune from BimmerLabs but will wait on Milvs as I just did VCG like 5k ago.. don't want to mess that up as it took two tries to get it right.. but it was a noticeable difference
Oh
And if you have a little money to spend, a 3.64 or 3.91 diff wouldn't be a bad move. (Assuming you're a M/T with the stock 3.15)
      08-19-2020, 08:20 PM   #7
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

Quote:
Quote:
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

Oh
And if you have a little money to spend, a 3.64 or 3.91 diff wouldn't be a bad move. (Assuming you're a M/T with the stock 3.15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

Quote:
Quote:
1. Exhaust (on order)
2. Coil overs/ sway bars
3. aFe Catted Headers

Oh
No, I'm at