Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Fi Exhaust G20 330i

08-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
chris_portimaog20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw 330xi

Fi Exhaust G20 330i

I just wanted to give a shoutout to customer service (especially Chris) at Fi Exhaust. Very patient and gave clear answers before I decided to pull the trigger and buy the full cutback system
can't wait to get it installed
I'll try to post updates here regarding the system/video-sound clips
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
chris_portimaog20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

alright so here is an update:
was suppose to have my Catback exhaust system installed today but to my disappointment the Fi front pipe does not seem to fit with the OEM downpipe.
It seems the end/lip of the Downpipe is too short for the Fi front pipe to fit with the risk of exhaust leaks.

The solution I was offered by the garage was to weld a lip that will extend the end of the downpipe for better fit. And that lip could be sliced off in the future if I decide to go back to the factory exhaust

sounds like a good idea but I'm waiting to hear back from Fi before going ahead with that solution. Considering on their site, the Fi exhaust is supposed to be compatible with factory cat downpipe.
any thoughts/suggestions?
went home with the hem exhaust
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      09-17-2020, 03:15 PM   #3
agma
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i xDrive

did you buy everything but the fi downpipe from the exhaust system?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
chris_portimaog20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

wanted to keep my OEM downpipe for now and see how it sounds like
and advertised as being compatible with stock cat downpipe
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #5
R.Wiggum
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_portimaog20 View Post
I just wanted to give a shoutout to customer service (especially Chris) at Fi Exhaust. Very patient and gave clear answers before I decided to pull the trigger and buy the full cutback system
can't wait to get it installed
I'll try to post updates here regarding the system/video-sound clips
How much did the exhaust set you back? Currently in the market and considering all options vs the M performance exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
chris_portimaog20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

So after discussing with Fi
I was given the wrong front pipe because of B46 vs B48
my front pipe should be flared. So Fi is sending me a new front pipe that willl have the same connection as the OEM one.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Sub'd for a video once you get the correct parts

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #8
chris_portimaog20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I'll try to post it on YouTube with a link here
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #9
chris_portimaog20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

UPdate
After patiently waiting, finally got the correct front pipe (in 4 days from Taiwan during Covid, pretty impressive).
the install was done yesterday by a professional (Thx to Haig @ OB prestige auto, amazing place if you like supercars btw took some pics while waiting that I added below)
First all my neighbors won't hate me because the cold start is not too agressive. I did not get the remote system so I control the valve with the driving mode: Closed in comfort and open in sport/sport+

inside the cabin the sound is amazing, no drone. When coasting, It's silent just the way I like it (keep in mind I turned off active sound design). With accelerations, it comes alive: a nice raspy/deep tone
I have a dash cam so to come, will be sound from the cabin. For now, here it is. in the video link , it's a non-cold start followed by revving in comfort , sport and Sport + in that order (I did not rev too hard not to annoy a neighbor passing by at the same time)

the only carbon fibre exterior part I am willing to have on my car are these exhaust tips with diamond black chrome inserts. They look amazing.

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      09-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #10
agma
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i xDrive

car definetly sounds more deep and has a lower tone burbles are also way more noticible and more poppy now im curious what this exhaust with a a catless downpipe would sound like
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 11:43 PM   #11
jb33g20
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_portimaog20 View Post
UPdate
After patiently waiting, finally got the correct front pipe (in 4 days from Taiwan during Covid, pretty impressive).
the install was done yesterday by a professional (Thx to Haig @ OB prestige auto, amazing place if you like supercars btw took some pics while waiting that I added below)
First all my neighbors won't hate me because the cold start is not too agressive. I did not get the remote system so I control the valve with the driving mode: Closed in comfort and open in sport/sport+

inside the cabin the sound is amazing, no drone. When coasting, It's silent just the way I like it (keep in mind I turned off active sound design). With accelerations, it comes alive: a nice raspy/deep tone
I have a dash cam so to come, will be sound from the cabin. For now, here it is. in the video link , it's a non-cold start followed by revving in comfort , sport and Sport + in that order (I did not rev too hard not to annoy a neighbor passing by at the same time)

the only carbon fibre exterior part I am willing to have on my car are these exhaust tips with diamond black chrome inserts. They look amazing.

Thanks for sharing! Is your car a 330i or 320i? When you ordered the exhaust, was it catback only? It seems like they are including the downpipe in all of their online options...Do you mind giving me your contact for FI? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 06:41 PM   #12
chris_portimaog20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb33g20 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Is your car a 330i or 320i? When you ordered the exhaust, was it catback only? It seems like they are including the downpipe in all of their online options...Do you mind giving me your contact for FI? Thanks!

I its a 330i. bought w/o the downpipe. not included, its a catback exhaust system. you can buy the downpipe separately
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 09:33 PM   #13
jtalweezy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xdrive (B46)

This sounds really sweet!

Funny, I placed an order for one shortly after watching this video. But I didn't find this post till today.

Anyways, I ordered the F30 B46 330 system without a DP and opted for the OEM exhaust actuator option. I also have an ER catless DP and ER charge pipe installed, along with a BMS cone intake and a bm3 stage 2 93 octane (agg) tune.

Hoping it sounds like this one!
2017 BMW 330ix MSport Estoril Blue - B46, ER Catless DP, ER Chargepipe, FTP Intake Charge Pipe, BMS Cone Intake, BMS OilCC, Bm3 Stage 2. FI Exhaust, xHP Stage 3 OTS Transmission tune. CSFRace heat exchanger. Performance M Brake kit. AFE Carbon Fiber D.A.S.
https://www.instagram.com/bfourtysick/
Appreciate 0