E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Going to install a tune for the first time

07-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #1
KILLINGIT
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335is Convertable

Going to install a tune for the first time

Going to install new turbos to replace the stock ones.... have to get a custom tune and I know very little about this process, looked through some posts but didn't find any that started from scratch. Maybe someone can direct me to one that is out there?

Also looking for some info on tuner support, like I said earlier I never done this before so looking for tuner with very good support. Been looking at a few:

Wedge
BQ
RFP
Twisted Tuning
David Shoupe
Pure Evil
V8Bait

I know some are busy so might not have the time I my need to get through this process, I know the busy ones are probably better than the ones that are not but I'm not planning on racing, only get to drive it a couple times a month.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Tyc0
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

The tuner you choose is up to you, and being that you listed all the most popular ones the only differences in the long run will probably be the price, I'm sure all of those guys are capable of getting you exactly what you want. How it works is you tell them what you got, they send a base map, you do a log, they revise and edit based on a number a things (including your input), and they send you a new map. This happens over and over until you and your tuner are both happy with what you have. I've heard it takes anywhere from 3-10 revisions on average.
Appreciate 0