M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Exterior package carbon

07-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Exterior package carbon

I have this option on a build, would you please inform into what elements come in carbon besides the mirror caps and rear diffuser, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #2
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
I have this option on a build, would you please inform into what elements come in carbon besides the mirror caps and rear diffuser, thank you.
I love my carbon fiber package, but to each their own. It's depending on which one you get. The M850i convertible carbon fiber package is different than the m8 coupe. It's mostly the mirror caps and diffuser.
Appreciate 1
BeeMdblU452.00
      07-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Their quote:

Emphasize the sporting pedigree of your vehicle with lightweight, decorative carbon elements such an M Carbon air curtain and M Carbon blade for the front, dynamically-styled M Carbon mirror caps, as well as single-piece carbon finishers around the tailpipes. A non-carbon, visually-upgraded diffuser insert is also included.
Appreciate 1
BeeMdblU452.00
      07-16-2020, 05:20 PM   #4
hersh67
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M8GC

Yea on the m8, it's also the side vents, front bumper accents, and a sportier/bigger spoiler. I personally don't think it's worth it. Plus Too much CF makes the car look a little tacky. On my build, i would opt for the shadow line trim and just order the sport CF spoiler elsewhere.
Appreciate 2
BeeMdblU452.00
      07-16-2020, 09:28 PM   #5
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersh67 View Post
Yea on the m8, it's also the side vents, front bumper accents, and a sportier/bigger spoiler. I personally don't think it's worth it. Plus Too much CF makes the car look a little tacky. On my build, i would opt for the shadow line trim and just order the sport CF spoiler elsewhere.
I have the shadow line trim and it's nice.

if I only had $3k in options, I'd get the B&O sound system.
For $5k in options, I'd get all the driver package, the B&O, shadowline, neck warmers, wheel locks, spinning hubs, floor mats, and crystal shifter.
For the full $8k, it's worth it for the carbon fiber for me.

I actually wanted a stripped down version, but made a deal on the lot for a fully loaded one.

I hear that the carbon fiber is now like $5,000; and I probably wouldn't pay anything over $2500 for it, if that helps.
Appreciate 1
hersh671024.00
      07-17-2020, 08:15 AM   #6
c^2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp Coupe

Quote:
On the M8 (Comp), the Carbon Fiber package:

-Exterior only.
-Front splitter, side vents, mirror caps, rear spoiler, rear diffuser.

Rocker panels/side skirts are NOT included (they should have been in my opinion) and are a ~$1700 (total) extra to be added on. Same goes for the kidney grilles, I don't have it on mine but I think it's an extra $800?

I have the carbon fiber package on mine including the rocker panels and think it's a nice touch. Not too over the top, just right.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
hersh671024.00
BeeMdblU452.00
      07-19-2020, 02:05 PM   #7
cpjarmstrong@yahoo.com
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850I, 2020 M8C

The carbon engine covers are the cherry on the creme

But it's hard to see from the rear of the car
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 10:41 AM   #8
812Superfast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: lots

Are the CF pieces that come with the factory CF package available to buy afterward and install? I was considering ordering an M8 Comp Convertible until my research revealed that these cars aren't selling, cars on the lot have steel discounts and there will be no '21's. I found a car I like on the lot but it has the shadow line trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #9
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819SF View Post
Are the CF pieces that come with the factory CF package available to buy afterward and install? I was considering ordering an M8 Comp Convertible until my research revealed that these cars aren't selling, cars on the lot have steel discounts and there will be no '21's. I found a car I like on the lot but it has the shadow line trim.
If I'm not mistaken, you'll find all the carbon fiber parts under M performance, also shadow line is what you want vs chrome, personal taste I guess.
Appreciate 0