Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications JB+ for the 320i B48C is not the same as the 330 B48/B58 version

07-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: :

Garage List
  [0.00]
JB+ for the 320i B48C is not the same as the 330 B48/B58 version

I recently bought a JB+ after I had been confirmed by BMS that it would fit my car. VIN was provided as I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be any issues with my engine.

It was pretty obvious that it was the wrong unit once I opened the package and compared it to the MAP sensor.

This engine (EU OPF B48C) needs the 4 wires unit also used for the X1.
Very dissapointed in BMS sales/customer service as they clearly didn't bother checking the info I provided..

Last edited by Dawko; 07-11-2020 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      07-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
I recently bought a JB+ after I had been confirmed nu BMS that it would fit my car. VIN was provided as I wanted to be sure there wouldn't be any issues with my engine.

It was pretty obvious that it was the wrong unit once In opened the package and compared it to the MAP sensor.

This engine (EU OPF B48C) needs the 4 wires unit also used for the X1.
Very dissapointed in BMS sales/customer service as they clearly didn't bother checking the info I provided..
Did you ask for a refund? Or ask them to swap it out?
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 01:31 PM   #3
Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
I bought it from X-PH, so waiting on feedback. It's not their fault, I expected I could rely on the confirmation provided by BMS so I didn't check with them first.
Hoping that I can return it and if not, I'll have a new JB+ unit for sale in the EU at a decent price
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 04:42 PM   #4
Don76
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M-Sport

Seems our EU cars are causing many tuners problems. There are many different components on our cars compared to those in the US.

My recent experience with a downpipe on my 2020 UK 320i with B48 engine is an example. The exhaust with OPF is completely different on our cars - yet the makers of these components know nothing about it.

Worse still - some have very poor customer service when it comes to after sales!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #5
Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
Seems our EU cars are causing many tuners problems. There are many different components on our cars compared to those in the US.

My recent experience with a downpipe on my 2020 UK 320i with B48 engine is an example. The exhaust with OPF is completely different on our cars - yet the makers of these components know nothing about it.

Worse still - some have very poor customer service when it comes to after sales!
Customer service is indeed very poor from BMS. They just blamed me for ordering the wrong part, while they have no proof whatsoever for this. I gave them my order confirmation so they can see for themselves, as well as the pictures attached to this post. The sensor is not the same.
I can't understand how they confirm something like this while my information should have given them all the info they needed to say it does or doesn't fit.

Seller points me to BMS and BMS waves off responsibility.
Either way this ends up, a heads up for other members not to fall into this trap.
I tried informing myself and if even that doesn't do it, learn from my mistake
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      11-13-2020, 04:48 AM   #6
sid.hse
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 G20 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
Customer service is indeed very poor from BMS. They just blamed me for ordering the wrong part, while they have no proof whatsoever for this. I gave them my order confirmation so they can see for themselves, as well as the pictures attached to this post. The sensor is not the same.
I can't understand how they confirm something like this while my information should have given them all the info they needed to say it does or doesn't fit.

Either way this ends up, a heads up for other members not to fall into this trap.
Got in the same trap. I initially asked BMS is if the device is compatible with G20 320i, because it was not mentioned in the list on the website, and the response was positive. Although the motor number starts with B48B20A

Luckily the local distributor agreed to change for the 4-wires model, but it should be orders from the US. Will see.

Last edited by sid.hse; 11-13-2020 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 06:43 PM   #7
Hungerrr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawko View Post

Hi Dawko,

Just reading this thread and I’m afraid I may have the same mistake with having a B48c engine and asking Burgertuning on their opinion of which JB plus version to buy
My engine bay looks identical to yours (G20 320i 2019)
After numerous emails they told me to purchase the B48 M235i (4 Wire)

Can I ask which version you originally purchased after realising it was the 4 wire for X1 model you needed? Hoping that the one I’ve ordered is the same

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 11:50 PM   #8
Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungerrr View Post
Hi Dawko,

Just reading this thread and I’m afraid I may have the same mistake with having a B48c engine and asking Burgertuning on their opinion of which JB plus version to buy
My engine bay looks identical to yours (G20 320i 2019)
After numerous emails they told me to purchase the B48 M235i (4 Wire)

Can I ask which version you originally purchased after realising it was the 4 wire for X1 model you needed? Hoping that the one I’ve ordered is the same

Thanks,
The first one ordered was the 3-pin/3-wire version, so that's the wrong one.
The M235i has the same FWD version as our RWD 320i. So if you purchased the 4 wire option you should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 12:49 AM   #9
Hungerrr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Thumbs up

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 09:53 PM   #10
bmwaddictt
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 6 Spd, X6 G06 30d, G22 420i

Garage List
How does the JB+ feel on the B48C engine with the air cooled cooler?

#savethemanuals
Appreciate 0