BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Instrument cluster map view disappeared

07-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #1
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Instrument cluster map view disappeared

Has anyone experienced this?

I cannot see the map or any information in the center of the instrument cluster. All my settings are correct. I have selected map view in the setting.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 09:47 PM   #2
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmilani View Post

I cannot see the map or any information in the center of the instrument cluster. All my settings are correct. I have selected map view in the setting.
Try rebooting iDrive by holding in the volume button for 30 seconds until the iDrive screen goes dark which means it's rebooting. That might fix it for you.

Get used to doing this periodically to fix issues here and there. I usually have to do it about once per month for various gremlins.
Appreciate 1
Mmilani11.50
      07-08-2020, 10:25 PM   #3
jcarlilesiu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

I just updated to .70 and I can't see the road view anymore. Map works, and navigation assistant, but the view with cars around you doesn't work.

Tried rebooting idrive. No joy.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 10:59 PM   #4
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:

Try rebooting iDrive by holding in the volume button for 30 seconds until the iDrive screen goes dark which means it's rebooting. That might fix it for you.

Get used to doing this periodically to fix issues here and there. I usually have to do it about once per month for various gremlins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:

Thank you. That did it.
Appreciate 0