Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Options you should of Optioned :)

07-04-2020, 04:56 AM   #1
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Options you should of Optioned :)

Hi All.

Just wondering what you would option if you had a chance to buy your car again

For me it would be.

1. Tire Pressure Monitoring (I like gadgets)
2. Acoustic glass (So the HK system sounds better as advised by vlo238 )
3. M Sport seat belts (Thought this would be to much , but I think it would look cool now)

Thanks

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 05:13 AM   #2
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

The HK system: The standard system is worse than I ever expected.

The black wheels.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 05:21 AM   #3
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Oooh black mags nice..then you would need the black grille to match
HK system is nice but IMHO it's not spectacular , they should give us the option to option the Bower 7 Wilkins system that you can choose in the 5 series, that would be something.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 06:19 AM   #4
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
HK system is nice but IMHO it's not spectacular , they should give us the option to option the Bower 7 Wilkins system that you can choose in the 5 series, that would be something.
For me, it would be the B58 engine 😂. The M340i wasn't available when I bought last year... so settled with the 330i. Still a great car but one can always do with more power.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 06:25 AM   #5
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What I’m about to write may well get me banned from this forum, but the black grille reminds of this guy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cars...-hGOB73NJlLuiM
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 07:46 AM   #6
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
What I’m about to write may well get me banned from this forum, but the black grille reminds of this guy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cars...-hGOB73NJlLuiM

But you cant get a 3 series in green
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #7
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

I was not too fussy with the options and I just wanted a 330i and got a good deal because it was already on the boat. Mine came in mineral white (not my first choice, but OK) with comfort and visibility.

If I was to order:

- Maybe one of those tasty individual colours (Dravitt or Oxide Grey).
- Merino leather.
- Sensatec cover dashboard (why not?).
- HK Audio

Having said that the 10 speaker is 'acceptable to good' for a car of this price and definitely not bad. I can't imagine how underwhelming the standard 6 speaker is on the x line models.

For the 10 speaker, it's like BMW made the system just good enough for the price to leave you perhaps wanting to option the HK but it's not so bad that you think the system is inappropriate for a car of this price. However, If I paid circa 100k for a 340i I'd expect a bit better than the 10 speaker.

I'm finding that the speakers seem to be breaking in and getting better after a few weeks.

It has just enough base to make sure your average person does not think to themselves "where's the base" but if you love your base the system will probably not do it for you. However, the highs are good/ delicate. It's very balanced but it feels like the mid range speakers in the doors and centre dash are working hard to do what is not most natural for them (base). It's like the under seat 'woofers' are just a little weak. I've seen the under seat woofers for the HK and they look much heavier/better.

I had a Mazda SP25GT with the Bose for comparison and the Bose was stereotypically 'Bose' which means loud enough to vibrate your soul with strong mids and very strong lows. Very 'doof doof'. Fun, but not great for critical listening.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 06:36 PM   #8
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
I was not too fussy with the options and I just wanted a 330i and got a good deal because it was already on the boat. Mine came in mineral white (not my first choice, but OK) with comfort and visibility.

If I was to order:

- Merino leather.
- HK Audio

Having said that the 10 speaker is 'acceptable to good' for a car of this price and definitely not bad. I can't imagine how underwhelming the standard 6 speaker is on the x line models.

For the 10 speaker, it's like BMW made the system just good enough for the price to leave you perhaps wanting to option the HK but it's not so bad that you think the system is inappropriate for a car of this price. However, If I paid circa 100k for a 340i I'd expect a bit better than the 10 speaker.

I'm finding that the speakers seem to be breaking in and getting better after a few weeks.

It has just enough base to make sure your average person does not think to themselves "where's the base" but if you love your base the system will probably not do it for you. However, the highs are good/ delicate. It's very balanced but it feels like the mid range speakers in the doors and centre dash are working hard to do what is not most natural for them (base). It's like the under seat 'woofers' are just a little weak. I've seen the under seat woofers for the HK and they look much heavier/better.

I had a Mazda SP25GT with the Bose for comparison and the Bose was stereotypically 'Bose' which means loud enough to vibrate your soul with strong mids and very strong lows. Very 'doof doof'. Fun, but not great for critical listening.
Quote:

If I was to order:

- Merino leather.
- HK Audio

Good insights , The HK system also to some degree lacks bass, mine is set to +3 , maybe I should increase this, so I hardly feel the subs under the seat, clarity is very good and soundstage. If you are listening critically it's missing that last 5% for musical bliss, but overall it still is very musical and enjoyable to listen to.

Ah Merino leather, yes I was also wondering about that , that will cost you an extra lounge suite sir , " Full Leather Trim Merino = $5400

It would be good if there was a "Full Leather Trim Merino :- Drivers Seat Only Option" for $1000 hahaha... I would get that.

Having not sat on these seats cannot comment, but if you love cars why not it adds to the overall luxury of the car and really these cars are exquisite in design,performance and driving feel.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #9
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
Quote:
For me, it would be the B58 engine 😂. The M340i wasn't available when I bought last year... so settled with the 330i. Still a great car but one can always do with more power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
Quote:
The six , the six!! have not driven it and don't want to , jealousy may set in and then I would be sad ...Hahhaaha , but yes you always think to yourself is that the best usable/practical luxury sports car you can buy. An M3 would be nice but not sure of the practicality , ride height, too much power , double the cost ..etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 07:29 PM   #10
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Quote:
The six , the six!! have not driven it and don't want to , jealousy may set in and then I would be sad ...Hahhaaha , but yes you always think to yourself is that the best usable/practical luxury sports car you can buy. An M3 would be nice but not sure of the practicality , ride height, too much power , double the cost ..etc.
I mean set out to buy a 320i and ended up with a 330i after test driving one. It's probably best I did not drive a 340i!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 07:30 PM   #11
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

I actually have everything so I'm quite happy

What could I live without? Maybe the drive recorder and gesture control. Never use either as it turns out...
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 08:25 PM   #12
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post

What could I live without? Maybe the drive recorder and gesture control. Never use either as it turns out...
isn't the drive recorder automatic and run all the time?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 08:35 PM   #13
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by westozy View Post
Quote:

isn't the drive recorder automatic and run all the time?
That's what they claim. But it's such an average dash cam (max 40 seconds footage etc) that I wouldn't completely rely on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 12:32 AM   #14
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah that gesture control is a bit of a pain I am gesturing like a madman hahaha
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 01:25 AM   #15
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I mean set out to buy a 320i and ended up with a 330i after test driving one. It's probably best I did not drive a 340i!
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

True that 😄👍
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 02:09 AM   #16
francton
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d g20

Garage List
2019 BMW 320D  [0.00]
I had to search long and wide to find a low km used 320d with leather trim, surround cameras, adaptive m suspension and comfort access. I really wish I had adaptive cruise control, mocha merino leather and matching trim (instead of the drab grey's everywhere), gesture control, 60 litre fuel tank (why is this not standard), blue Msport brakes, HK speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 06:46 AM   #17
Fpangalos
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Adaptive cruise control. Wish I had opted to get the advanced version
      07-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #18
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

The salesman had a point when we were negotiating on the car that we don’t want to go thru Buyers Regret.

He suggested that BMW would be more receptive to offering packages rather than trying to lower the price and it would be worth it as later on we might regret not having those features.

It was a case of not seeing the benefits of those features then but appreciating them later on.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 08:41 PM   #19
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The salesman had a point when we were negotiating on the car that we don’t want to go thru Buyers Regret.

He suggested that BMW would be more receptive to offering packages rather than trying to lower the price and it would be worth it as later on we might regret not having those features.

It was a case of not seeing the benefits of those features then but appreciating them later on.
Quote:
The salesman had a point when we were negotiating on the car that we don't want to go thru Buyers Regret.

Mmm yes , I think the salesman could of done a better job of advising me on all the packages and options and double confirming with me and explaining to me all the features i.e the 3 different types of leather( show me a car with each type ) , msport differential ( will I feel a difference , does it contribute to safety etc,acoustic glass maybe a demo how it may impact sound , tpm option
You are paying so much money so you don't want buyers regret as you say.
I think as you are so excited you just want to put the order in ASAP but you have not done the research until you hit the forums😄 and then you see what other members have , and then you regret not optioning up .
They should also offer a "Full House" option with every option checked as this may make it an easier choice , you just say " I want the lot "😄
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 03:16 AM   #20
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:

That's such a classic sales trick though ! Playing on emotions just like the reason-restrain tug of war at an auction 🤩
But endof the day, is you're happy then you're happy
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 03:48 AM   #21
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

I had the opposite experience. A number of dealers were advised me against various options: You don’t need acoustic glass “car is quiet enough”, no need for TPMS “car warns you already”, no drive recorder “it’s not that good”...
One even talked me out of any interior colour other than black.

Maybe I looked impoverished and they didn’t want to scare me away!
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2020, 03:52 AM   #22
Bris-M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I've had buyers regret many times in the past and this time I said no way, I'm going straight for the M340i even if it was a stretch. The sales person tried to get me to consider a 330i while my Mrs was there and I had to pull him aside and say don't even go there. He was saying things like you can save 30k! Thankfully I stopped him before my Mrs realised :-)
Appreciate 0