BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

06-26-2020, 03:14 PM   #1
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

M135i by AC Schnitzer

Here is a video by the guys from AC Schnitzer of the F40 M135i...

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

...and the article courtesy of Pistonheads:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...35i-mods/42660

Quote:
While BMW’s new M135i will likely never fill out the shoes of its six-pot predecessor, technically speaking, the four-pot, all-wheel drive five-door is very competent indeed. Fast, composed and – when equipped with adaptive dampers - surprisingly supple, it’s a capable all-rounder. Thing is, we’ve already got plenty of those, so it’s little wonder that not everyone is convinced by BMW's Golf R rival.

AC Schnitzer hasn’t taken long to step up to the mind-changing plate. Among its latest offerings is a new spring kit that trims 25mm off the ride height at the front and 35mm at the back. The change is quite substantial, especially when you factor in the M135i’s taller body. Judging by the pictures and video here, sitting the car on its haunches helps inject some aggression.

The German tuner doesn’t disclose whether the springs work with BMW’s adaptive dampers, which are practically a no brainer option in the UK. Either way, the suspension mod is claimed to enhance lateral performance thanks to their firmer rates; coupled with AC Schnitzer’s wheel options, in the case of the pictured demo cars, a set of AC1 BiColor 19-inch (18s are standard on the M135i) wearing 225-width rubber, mechanical grip should be improved all-round, too.

Attention has also been directed at the M135i exhaust, with the turbocharged 2.0-litre able to breathe more freely through a sports rear silencer, which adds more aggression to the inline four’s vocals, too – see that video below for the evidence. Buyers can also have the tips of their car’s twin-pipe system finished with carbon or black finishes and add a new roof spoiler to the tailgate, while at the business end, the tuner offers a carbon fibre front splitter.

Are AC Schnitzer’s additions enough to give BMW’s divisive new VW Golf R rival the USP it's arguably lacking? Probably not - responsibility for that job ultimately falls to a more potent, M division version of the car, which is predicted to come with a suitable power increase and could yet be called the M1. Recent spy pictures suggest it is indeed in the pipework; such a model would obviously do battle with the likes of AMG’s 421hp A45 S. That ought to spice things up a bit.

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0