BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Tanzanite Blue II on Tartufo Merino?

06-23-2020, 01:17 AM   #1
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Question Tanzanite Blue II on Tartufo Merino?

What do you guys think of Tanzanite Blue II on Tartufo Extended Merino?

Curious to know if you consider it more of a classic combo or if the contrast would clash.

Can't seem to find many pics of the X7 with this combo and maybe that's for a reason. I wouldn't want it to be as funky as San Marino Blue and Sakhir Orange or anything like that...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #2
SRL311U
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, G07

I saw one and could not get comfortable with the color combo. Sit inside one, if you can. The main issue is the door cards and headliner being either the cream or black colors. Generally, Tartufo will come with all black trim in the interior, which made the car feel really small and dark, even with the three-row roof. As I recall, there is also a choice (may have changed by now) that limited Tatufo to only middle captains chairs.

At the urging of my wife and the sales advisor, I ended up going with the ventilated off-white interior and have been really pleased--but largely a personal preference. I was adamant about captains chairs as I only have one child and rarely use the third row (only for carrying friends, etc.). Thus, I preferred to have easy three-person seating across the middle, as opposed to captains with a somewhat wonky pass-through. For what it is worth, I think the off-white looks better than the two-tone off-white and blue seats since the blue is slightly off of the TB2 exterior.

As an aside, if you go Tanzanite Blue II, you can then do the BMW Individual options and really play with the interior if you are willing to wait.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3987.00
      06-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
What do you guys think of Tanzanite Blue II on Tartufo Extended Merino?

Curious to know if you consider it more of a classic combo or if the contrast would clash.

Can't seem to find many pics of the X7 with this combo and maybe that's for a reason. I wouldn't want it to be as funky as San Marino Blue and Sakhir Orange or anything like that...
Personally think, all exterior colors with Tartufo is a classic combination, but definitely not as shocking as Sakhir.

Here's a link to a X7 M50i TBM with Tartufo

https://www.leithcars.com/new-Raleig...CX6C04L9B75179
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MomoM3987.00
      06-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #4
seamusad
Rep
Drives: bmw x7

I think it will look great. We have the tanzanite with coffee and we couldn't be more pleased. Tartufo is more orange than coffee but still looks right with blue. My business partner has an x5 with phytonic blue and tartufo and it looks great.
You're going to love the tanzanite.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRL311U View Post
As I recall, there is also a choice (may have changed by now) that limited Tatufo to only middle captains chairs.
As an aside, if you go Tanzanite Blue II, you can then do the BMW Individual options and really play with the interior if you are willing to wait.
Yes, starting MY2021 you can spec the Tartufo with the 2nd row bench. If I do this combo, I will make sure the headliner is in Black Alcantara. I think doing the headliner also in Tartufo will be a bit much.

I'll add the leather dash too but think I wanna try something different and go with the 4KU Ash Grain Black Wood.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #6
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusad View Post
I think it will look great. We have the tanzanite with coffee and we couldn't be more pleased. Tartufo is more orange than coffee but still looks right with blue. My business partner has an x5 with phytonic blue and tartufo and it looks great.
You're going to love the tanzanite.
Very nice, thanks for sharing that pic! I am a fan of coffee too and think that combo also looks great! Can you share more pics of the coffee interior?

Was concerned the coffee would be too brown and like the more orange hue that tartufo offers.

Phytonic is too blue for us so I am hoping the TBII will be a happy medium!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #7
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

After lurking the G22 forum I think I'm pretty decided on TZII with Extended Shadowline.

Interior I think I'm in between Tartufo and Coffee...

Black doesn't do it for me anymore
Ivory White will be destroyed with 3 young kids
Ivory/Blue my wife hates
Coffee I'm now strongly considering but may be too "football brown"
Tartufo is my wife's favorite and adds a nice "pop"
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 07:59 PM   #8
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
After lurking the G22 forum I think I'm pretty decided on TZII with Extended Shadowline.

Interior I think I'm in between Tartufo and Coffee...

Black doesn't do it for me anymore
Ivory White will be destroyed with 3 young kids
Ivory/Blue my wife hates
Coffee I'm now strongly considering but may be too "football brown"
Tartufo is my wife's favorite and adds a nice "pop"
For what is worth I have coffee extended merino in my X5 and I only get compliments. I'm ordering it again in our phytonic X7.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 1
MomoM3987.00