F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Interior swap caused HVAC PROBLEM!
proTUNING Freaks

06-21-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Interior swap caused HVAC PROBLEM!

Recently my friend got into a accident so we decided to strip his car of interior parts and replace them with one from another friends car when we finally put the nicer M-Sport interior in the non crashed car we figured out that the A/C for the drivers side barely blows at all and blows hot air And this is the same for the rear, while the passenger side blows strong and cold. We are pretty sure we forgot to plug something back in does anyone know what it might be. He's going on a trip soon to the desert and he needs A/C thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 06:43 PM   #2
Cnoprea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i N26

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by street 335i View Post
Recently my friend got into a accident so we decided to strip his car of interior parts and replace them with one from another friends car when we finally put the nicer M-Sport interior in the non crashed car we figured out that the A/C for the drivers side barely blows at all and blows hot air And this is the same for the rear, while the passenger side blows strong and cold. We are pretty sure we forgot to plug something back in does anyone know what it might be. He's going on a trip soon to the desert and he needs A/C thank you.
I had this happen when I swapped over M240 seats into my F30, the solution is to move the white/grayish module from the stock seats to the new ones. They'll have the same plugs and everything should be working. Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #3
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnoprea View Post
Quote:
I had this happen when I swapped over M240 seats into my F30, the solution is to move the white/grayish module from the stock seats to the new ones. They'll have the same plugs and everything should be working. Hope this helps!
The module in the seats could cause this issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #4
Cnoprea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i N26

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
For some reason it does, Im not sure why but when I swapped the stock module to the new seats everything worked just fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
For some reason it does, Im not sure why but when I swapped the stock module to the new seats everything worked just fine.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you I'll tell my friend
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #6
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you I'll tell my friend
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Does it matter if it is from the same exact seat or can it be the same piece from a different car
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 06:29 PM   #7
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Does it matter if it is from the same exact seat or can it be the same piece from a different car
Did you guys swap the seats too? When I read your post, I thought you only swapped the trims and not the seats. That's why Cnoprea's suggestion seemed weird to me until I reread your post and it said all interior parts (Sorry Cnoprea.) It made sense then If you did indeed swap seats as well, then try changing the module. Another friend had a very similar issue and he said he swapped a module under the seat too.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 12:30 AM   #8
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Did you guys swap the seats too? When I read your post, I thought you only swapped the trims and not the seats. That's why Cnoprea's suggestion seemed weird to me until I reread your post and it said all interior parts (Sorry Cnoprea.) It made sense then If you did indeed swap seats as well, then try changing the module. Another friend had a very similar issue and he said he swapped a module under the seat too.
The module is being installed tomorrow I'll keep you updated
Appreciate 0