F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Waze alerts problem
proTUNING Freaks

06-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #1
SW6Steve
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Waze alerts problem

Hi

I use BMW's snap in adapter for my iphone, and run the waze app on it so I get alerts through the cars speakers.
This has worked well for me. But recently after making a phone call, for some reason when waze sends an alert my iPhone tries to call itself, well my number pops up on idrive screen, rather than receiving waze alerts.
Everything is fine until I make a call.
Anyone had this issue? Or have a fix to stop it happening?

Thanks for any help

Steve
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 05:15 AM   #2
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

Is the 'snap in adapter' a useful tool, never heard anyone really talk about them on the forum, sorry to sidetrack the thread
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 06:53 AM   #3
SW6Steve
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Is the 'snap in adapter' a useful tool, never heard anyone really talk about them on the forum, sorry to sidetrack the thread
I like it!
Keeps the phone out the way, charging, and better phone connectivity. But it s older bmw tech now.
People complain that you lose storage, but I don't like clutter so would have nothing in there anyway.
I think people generally prefer wireless charging!
Appreciate 1
APJ245.00
      06-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW6Steve View Post
I like it!
Keeps the phone out the way, charging, and better phone connectivity. But it s older bmw tech now.
People complain that you lose storage, but I don't like clutter so would have nothing in there anyway.
I was just wondering if it was a way of getting waze to work through the i-drive, but i'm guessing you have Carplay on yours, unfortunately mine missed it by about three months and i only have the ID4
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 01:43 AM   #5
GOF_430d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 430d convertible

From an android users perspective. I use Waze on my phone and the audio plays through the car audio via bluetooth [EBT on Idrive 4]. My phone is on a air vent cradle. Not an aesthetically pleasing solution, but it works and will do so until I change the car or I stump up the cash to install an Android screen or change to an apple phone. The latter is increasingly likely.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 12:21 PM   #6
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOF_430d View Post
From an android users perspective. I use Waze on my phone and the audio plays through the car audio via bluetooth [EBT on Idrive 4]. My phone is on a air vent cradle. Not an aesthetically pleasing solution, but it works and will do so until I change the car or I stump up the cash to install an Android screen or change to an apple phone. The latter is increasingly likely.
Hi Gof, how do you bluetooth it, i have waze on my phone (iphone 6S), but have never spotted how to connect it through the cars speaker whilst using it, so never get to hear the alerts properly.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #7
SW6Steve
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Quote:
I like it!
I was just wondering if it was a way of getting waze to work through the i-drive, but i'm guessing you have Carplay on yours, unfortunately mine missed it by about three months and i only have the ID4
No way to show in idrive for me NBT evo.
To get alerts through speakers
Hit search
Settings
Voice and sound
Play sound via: set to play as Bluetooth phone call.
Appreciate 1
APJ245.00
      06-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #8
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No way to show in idrive for me NBT evo.
To get alerts through speakers
Hit search
Settings
Voice and sound
Play sound via: set to play as Bluetooth phone call.
Cheers had it on 'phone speaker', which obviously didn't work !!!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 02:08 AM   #9
GOF_430d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 430d convertible

Apologies APJ for not replying - when synching via Bluetooth I just enable all the options such as voice & music. I've been streaming via bluetooth for at least 10 years so for me its second nature to enable everything when connecting a new phone.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #10
muffking
Regular user
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M-Sport Auto

Garage List
Quote:
for some reason when waze sends an alert my iPhone tries to call itself, well my number pops up on idrive screen, rather than receiving waze alerts.
Mine has always done this, although I seem to remember there is an option in Waze somewhere to change how it sends the alerts over Bluetooth.
      06-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #11
SW6Steve
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffking View Post
Mine has always done this, although I seem to remember there is an option in Waze somewhere to change how it sends the alerts over Bluetooth.
Thanks for your reply mate. Only response to the original Question!
Am using an iPhone 8, that has worked faultlessly with alerts until recently. I wonder if it's something to do with the latest iPhone update? .
I haven't changed any settings, indeed I've been through all the settings again to be sure.
I have unpaired and re-paired my phone this evening. Fingers crossed this will cure it. But I won't hold my breath!
Appreciate 0