BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Tips/Secrets for Friends/Family or Discount Dealer?

06-18-2020, 03:44 PM   #1
SteelBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Tips/Secrets for Friends/Family or Discount Dealer?

Hi everyone,

In 2012 I went on a diesel trucking forum and did the same thing I'm doing now, and I found a salesman in Michigan at a Ford dealer who gave me a deal that was thousands of dollars cheaper than anyone else gave me - even including the transport fee from MI. He said he applied some special friends/family type discount, and he did it under-the-radar but big volume.

That being said, we are looking at buying an X7 M50i and an XB7 as soon as they're available to buy, and I thought I would try and see if anyone had any tips or secrets on where I can get the best deal. These will be over $250k so every percent discount makes a big difference. I know Alpina probably won't have any deals, and probably not the M either, but some dealerships will be hungrier to get the sales than others, and I know each dealership has a certain number of Alpinas allotted to them, or so I heard.

If you want to just direct-message me instead of posting public, feel free! I promise I will not disclose anything that anyone messages me. It will be 100% private and confidential.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 02:45 AM   #2
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBMW View Post
Hi everyone,

In 2012 I went on a diesel trucking forum and did the same thing I'm doing now, and I found a salesman in Michigan at a Ford dealer who gave me a deal that was thousands of dollars cheaper than anyone else gave me - even including the transport fee from MI. He said he applied some special friends/family type discount, and he did it under-the-radar but big volume.

That being said, we are looking at buying an X7 M50i and an XB7 as soon as they're available to buy, and I thought I would try and see if anyone had any tips or secrets on where I can get the best deal. These will be over $250k so every percent discount makes a big difference. I know Alpina probably won't have any deals, and probably not the M either, but some dealerships will be hungrier to get the sales than others, and I know each dealership has a certain number of Alpinas allotted to them, or so I heard.

If you want to just direct-message me instead of posting public, feel free! I promise I will not disclose anything that anyone messages me. It will be 100% private and confidential.

Thank you!
There's only loyalty, fleet, bmwcca, Usaa/penfed and maybe one or two other bmw incentives. Nothing like the American manufacturers' friends and family discount or employee discount. If there is, I have never heard of it in all my years on this forum and buying BMWs.

You can easily negotiate a good chunk off the MSRP though. Can't speak for alpinas, but the X7 can definitely be negotiated down maybe 10-15% (BEFORE incentives) with enough effort regardless of trim.

Don't settle. Spend some time browsing this forum. Very informative.
      06-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Paliknight's reply is the best approach and recommendation. I'd 1K +1 on this.

I know of friends and family rate for other German automakers but it's a paltry 6-8% I can recall. If you're planning on purchasing 3 vehicles, you can definitely at minimum get 10% to more before incentives. I'd decline fleet pricing as it will reduce your ability to stack other incentives - like Conquest if you're new to BMW. I was able to get 10% off on my MY20 G05 X5 and 12.8% MY20 G30 M550i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
There's only loyalty, fleet, bmwcca, Usaa/penfed and maybe one or two other bmw incentives. Nothing like the American manufacturers' friends and family discount or employee discount. If there is, I have never heard of it in all my years on this forum and buying BMWs.

You can easily negotiate a good chunk off the MSRP though. Can't speak for alpinas, but the X7 can definitely be negotiated down maybe 10-15% (BEFORE incentives) with enough effort regardless of trim.

Don't settle. Spend some time browsing this forum. Very informative.

Last edited by Auricom; 06-19-2020 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #4
TAG Prez
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 GC / 2023 Alpina XB7

I got 12% off my m50i, so there are definetly discounts to be had on those, the alpina is probably a different story. But hopefully someone will be willing to juggle numbers if necessary in order to save you money on the pair
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #5
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Guys, thank you for the replies. I agree with you TAG, I'm hoping someone will help w/ numbers since we want to buy both vehicles. How do I go about finding dealers willing to negotiate? I know of some newer dealerships who might be more "hungry" as they're working to gain market share in their areas. Or are there other states or does anyone know any dealers in particular that they have experience with doing steep discounts?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #6
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Guys, thank you for the replies. I agree with you TAG, I'm hoping someone will help w/ numbers since we want to buy both vehicles. How do I go about finding dealers willing to negotiate? I know of some newer dealerships who might be more "hungry" as they're working to gain market share in their areas. Or are there other states or does anyone know any dealers in particular that they have experience with doing steep discounts?
Best bet would be to let your fingers do the walking... Use the big car search websites, like cars.com or autotrader to search for the vehicle you want, in this case the M50i. Then, for the dealers that look promising, go to their website to take a look at their inventory. The size of their inventory will give you an idea of what size volume dealer they are. Then start sending emails to initiate the communication and go from there (using a generic email template with your key initial discussion points can make this process easier). When I was ready to buy my X7, I had a generic email I was ready to shoot out to multiple dealers to see if I would get any bites.

Or, if you want a more hands off approach, you can use a broker to do all the searching and negotiating for you. Of course, the broker's fee will need to be taken into account, but you still may be able to get a good or better deal than if you did it yourself.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 01:32 PM   #7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Several

Garage List
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1723990
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #8
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8202632 View Post
Thank you for sharing! Black is a no go - can't do black in this burning hot humid hellhole we live in.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 08:11 AM   #9
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
I know at least 3 dealers in my area that are willing to give great discounts. Especially for what you are buying. Send me a private message if you are interested and I will be happy to share and help. I am in the Baltimore/DC are.
Appreciate 0