E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan Stage 2

09-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
broker73
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sport + Prem PKG

Dinan Stage 2

I just got my Dinan Stage 2 installed on Tues, and I had the turbo Tuner just prior.....at first I was somewhat dissappointed??....IMO I don't think the car is making what they claim, and I wonder if the dealership screwed up the install (if that's possible)....or simply forgot as I had the car in there to get the cracked fog light fixed...I got the car back pretty quick and I am at a loss as to what to think?

What are my reasons...well I have taken my car to the track here ( 1/4mile)...I have had it out 5 times prior to the install. With the turbo tuner I was getting decent times, and I took the car back this Friday to the track and was getting the same trap speeds?....now the Dinan claims to make twice the HP and 3x the tq of the Turbo Tuner so there is no way I should have the same trap speeds?....I did run a my lowest time, but trap speed is the indicator of power!.....any thoughts?...I called the dealership yesterday and I am taking the car back to them for a test rive as they want to take it out?.....but I am not sure what to think....my butt dyno says the car feels pretty good, but trap speeds don't lie?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

for me dinan stage two R2 felt worse then stage 2 R1...

turns out it was the HPFP... when this was replaced the car was/is a BEAST.

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
canesr1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Metallic Black

Stage 2 Rev 1 I still believe had more power than Rev2. I'm use to rev 2 now and the power is still great, but that initial flash was even better. I should never have went in for rev2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
for me dinan stage two R2 felt worse then stage 2 R1...

turns out it was the HPFP... when this was replaced the car was/is a BEAST.

ppp

2007 E92 Metallic Black, Black interior, brushed aluminum, 6MT, Nav, 6FL, 20% ceramic tints, OEM Front Lip, Dinan Stage 2 Rev2, 19''s M6 Reps
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

It's possible my pump was failing from the start , and its possible R1 has more power.

The original R1 flash did have a lull in performance till 2500 or so and then the boost slam you into the seat. In that respect to me it felt like it had a ton of power.

I guess all im saying is R2 according to my butt dyno has more then enough power and more then R1. Was there any dyno's performed on both to compare ( same car ,same day ,etc) ?

I dunno man with these bmw's they are like yugo's in the respect no two are the same. but thats another story.

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0