F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > X-PH (Extreme Powerhouse) bad experience
ARMA SPEED

06-02-2020, 03:14 PM   #1
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

X-PH (Extreme Powerhouse) bad experience

I've posted this as a reply on a thread found on E90 forum, but since this is an experience from me as an F30 owner, I'm posting this here.

I unfortunately had a negative experience with X-PH.COM. I thought that since I was a returning customer, I'd get a great service and shopping experience but I did not.

Before I submitted my order, I asked about the shipping time for an ER Catted Downpipe for the B48, Mike told me "48 hours". So I placed my order on Monday (Memorial Day) and I decided to move those 48 hours starting Tuesday as Monday was a holiday... anyway, Friday came, no communication/updates from X-PH nor shipping confirmation.

So at the end of Friday, decided to ask Mike about this, of course, mentioning that I was offered to have that part shipped within 48 hours. What I got for an answer on Sunday was "ER are asking if your car is Euro spec. Euro spec has different specs", not even an apology for not complying to the shipping time, nor an explanation, just that. So my reply started mentioning that all of my add-ons purchased are for the B48 and fitted fine, in addition of sharing my VIN number so that could be used to re-confirm fitment of this Downpipe and at the end of that reply, of course I expressed (politely) my disappointment about no communications from them nor the 48hr shipping offered. The answer from mike was to mention that COVID-19 is causing delays, really? Until almost a week later and after offering me (because I did not demanded that time) 48hrs for shipping, a company informs that the COVID thing is causing delays? In addition, the response from him was very practical "would you like me to cancel the order?" I mean really, not even a "let me see what information I can get from ER so I can give you a better estimate", nor a "sorry I didn't mention possible delays when I told you 48hrs for shipping".

The PM conversation took another more dark angle when I then replied my displeasure about his reply, I could see he got upset about me reminding him that he offered 48hr shipping and about not mentioning in a timely matter that the shipping could take longer for the COVID situation. The phrase "the customer is always right" doesn't apply here, even if you're basing your complaint on what the company offered in the first place.

Maybe in smooth transactions this doesn't happen and by smooth transaction I mean that the product is actually within X-PH inventory and ready to be shipped. But, if things get difficult or if you're not too happy with their compromises and poor communications, this seller is not willing to accept it and neither to keep an adequate attitude with you as a client. They just throw you the "cancel the order and go look for the product somewhere else" attitude.

The only thing I'm thankful with X-PH, is that even the order process and communications was very poor, at least my refund came 24 hours later (funny thing that I finally did cancel the order due to how this was badly handled and the indifference shown to me as a client, not really because of the very late shipping process, I'd have been willing to wait a little longer, but with that attitude, no thanks).
Appreciate 1
sspade2463.00
      06-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #2
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Hi,
Im sorry to hear that you are not happy. Im not trying to be rude, but direct and honest.
The world has been put on hold for 2 months, all manufacturers are experiencing delays. I would expect customers to be more understanding and patient.

But in your case, its was the complete opposite. You made sure to mention in every message that your are not happy your order did not ship in 48 hours. I respectfully offered you a full refund if you cannot wait a few more days.

You also were complaining of the customer service when i was responding to you on Sunday at 9pm.

Im sorry to hear you are not happy with your experience and wish you the best of luck.
I'm sorry, but Sunday 9:00PM is almost a week later than I submitted my order and it was two days after I sent the follow up about shipping status. Customer service is accepting the inconveniences caused, putting yourself in the customer shoes for not complying to what was offered and not having an indifferent attitude. Sorry but you failed on those 3 aspects.

The only thing I appreciate is the prompt refund.

Case closed, best of luck to you too.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Hi,

The world has been put on hold for 2 months, all manufacturers are experiencing delays. Your order was expected to ship in 2 days, instead it was going to take 5 days.
Im sorry you are not happy, i did not know you needed me to explain to you the delays happening due to Covid19

During these times, i expect customers to be more understanding and patient. It was the complete opposite with you. You made sure to start every message by telling me how disappointed you are that your order did not ship out within 48 hours. I respectfully offered you a refund.

You placed an order for a B48 downpipe (US cars are B46), Er asked to confirm that you have a B46 so i forwarded the message (This is a common mistake customers make. ER asks to always confirm so we do not send the wrong item to the customer). You got upset why im asking, i respectfully told you that im just following ER's directions.

then you started asking me for specifics on why they were asking this question. I told you i do not know and that you are more than welcome to ask them direct.

All this was happening on Sunday night, instead of being appreciative im trying to help you on my time off, all i heard from you is complaining.

Im sorry you were not happy with your experience and i wish you good luck in your build

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 06-02-2020 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
kern4174445.00
      06-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

The world has been put on hold for 2 months, all manufacturers are experiencing delays. Your order was expected to ship in 2 days, instead it was going to take 5 days.
Im sorry you are not happy, i did not know you needed me to explain it to you.

During these times, i expect customers to be more understanding and patient. It was the complete opposite with you. You made sure to start every message by telling me how disappointed you are that your order did not ship out within 48 hours. I respectfully offered you a refund.

You placed an order for a B48 downpipe (US cars are B46), Er asked to confirm that you have a B46 so i forwarded the message. You got upset why im asking, i respectfully told you that im just following ER's directions.

then you started asking me for specifics on why they were asking this question. I told you i do not know and that you are more than welcome to ask them direct.

All this was happening on Sunday night, instead of being appreciative im trying to help you on my time off, all i heard from you is complaining.

Im sorry you were not happy with your experience and i wish you good luck in your build
Well, since you deleted your first answer and rewrote it, I'd need to reply to this too.

I'm aware of what is happening in the world due to COVID-19, no need to mention that, why? Because my complaint (again) is based on your poor communications and upset attitude (again, I was willing to wait a little more for the product to be shipped but not with that attitude of yours). I did not get upset for you asking me what specs my car had, I actually detailed all the add-ons I had for the B48 that fitted my car FYI, when did I say "why you're asking me this?" I even sent you my VIN number for you to use it with ER.... I really don't get from where do you conclude I was upset for that, I got upset due to your way of answering me like "take it or leave it" and your fresh position of not accepting that you offered a time-frame which you already knew it might not happen.

BTW, I've not had a single delivery problem with the rest of stuff I've been purchasing for my car from other vendors during this COVID crisis, and, when I had a delay from one of them, I got lots of communications and of course a great customer service attitude from them, I didn't have to write them emails and complaining about delays, they took care of the issue, with professional and supportive disposition towards me.

You insist on throwing me that you replied to a follow up email to me on a Sunday to make your case of "good customer service" (which was actually two days later after my ask for status), well if that makes you happy, fine by me. But that does not erase the facts that you offered 48hrs for shipment (which didn't happen), the poor communication you had with me not mentioning that those 48hrs could become a week due to COVID, the zero follow up (until I sent you an email) and at the end that indifferent and upset demeanor to reply, sorry again, but that is not a good standard of customer service, at least not what I've been getting from other vendors who also are not perfect (nothing is) but they do put an effort to put on their client shoes and to fulfill what the client is entitled to ask: good product + good customer service.

Over and out.
Appreciate 1
fantanas110.50
      06-02-2020, 06:13 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
Well, since you deleted your first answer and rewrote it, I'd need to reply to this too.

I'm aware of what is happening in the world due to COVID-19, no need to mention that, why? Because my complaint (again) is based on your poor communications and upset attitude (again, I was willing to wait a little more for the product to be shipped but not with that attitude of yours). I did not get upset for you asking me what specs my car had, I actually detailed all the add-ons I had for the B48 that fitted my car FYI, when did I say "why you're asking me this?" I even sent you my VIN number for you to use it with ER.... I really don't get from where do you conclude I was upset for that, I got upset due to your way of answering me like "take it or leave it" and your fresh position of not accepting that you offered a time-frame which you already knew it might not happen.

BTW, I've not had a single delivery problem with the rest of stuff I've been purchasing for my car from other vendors during this COVID crisis, and, when I had a delay from one of them, I got lots of communications and of course a great customer service attitude from them, I didn't have to write them emails and complaining about delays, they took care of the issue, with professional and supportive disposition towards me.

You insist on throwing me that you replied to a follow up email to me on a Sunday to make your case of "good customer service" (which was actually two days later after my ask for status), well if that makes you happy, fine by me. But that does not erase the facts that you offered 48hrs for shipment (which didn't happen), the poor communication you had with me not mentioning that those 48hrs could become a week due to COVID, the zero follow up (until I sent you an email) and at the end that indifferent and upset demeanor to reply, sorry again, but that is not a good standard of customer service, at least not what I've been getting from other vendors who also are not perfect (nothing is) but they do put an effort to put on their client shoes and to fulfill what the client is entitled to ask: good product + good customer service.

Over and out.
I deleted my post before you even responded. Had i known you were responding i would not have deleted the post .

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 06:59 AM   #6
bmrguy03
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i SULEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
I've posted this as a reply on a thread found on E90 forum, but since this is an experience from me as an F30 owner, I'm posting this here.

I unfortunately had a negative experience with X-PH.COM. I thought that since I was a returning customer, I'd get a great service and shopping experience but I did not.

Before I submitted my order, I asked about the shipping time for an ER Catted Downpipe for the B48, Mike told me "48 hours". So I placed my order on Monday (Memorial Day) and I decided to move those 48 hours starting Tuesday as Monday was a holiday... anyway, Friday came, no communication/updates from X-PH nor shipping confirmation.

So at the end of Friday, decided to ask Mike about this, of course, mentioning that I was offered to have that part shipped within 48 hours. What I got for an answer on Sunday was "ER are asking if your car is Euro spec. Euro spec has different specs", not even an apology for not complying to the shipping time, nor an explanation, just that. So my reply started mentioning that all of my add-ons purchased are for the B48 and fitted fine, in addition of sharing my VIN number so that could be used to re-confirm fitment of this Downpipe and at the end of that reply, of course I expressed (politely) my disappointment about no communications from them nor the 48hr shipping offered. The answer from mike was to mention that COVID-19 is causing delays, really? Until almost a week later and after offering me (because I did not demanded that time) 48hrs for shipping, a company informs that the COVID thing is causing delays? In addition, the response from him was very practical "would you like me to cancel the order?" I mean really, not even a "let me see what information I can get from ER so I can give you a better estimate", nor a "sorry I didn't mention possible delays when I told you 48hrs for shipping".

The PM conversation took another more dark angle when I then replied my displeasure about his reply, I could see he got upset about me reminding him that he offered 48hr shipping and about not mentioning in a timely matter that the shipping could take longer for the COVID situation. The phrase "the customer is always right" doesn't apply here, even if you're basing your complaint on what the company offered in the first place.

Maybe in smooth transactions this doesn't happen and by smooth transaction I mean that the product is actually within X-PH inventory and ready to be shipped. But, if things get difficult or if you're not too happy with their compromises and poor communications, this seller is not willing to accept it and neither to keep an adequate attitude with you as a client. They just throw you the "cancel the order and go look for the product somewhere else" attitude.

The only thing I'm thankful with X-PH, is that even the order process and communications was very poor, at least my refund came 24 hours later (funny thing that I finally did cancel the order due to how this was badly handled and the indifference shown to me as a client, not really because of the very late shipping process, I'd have been willing to wait a little longer, but with that attitude, no thanks).
Umm...yeah no. Take a breather, count to 10 and come back down to earth. No need to get worked up because you "think" you know what their attitude is through a message. You probably misinterpreted it because you were mad just like people misinterpret text messages all the time. Anyway, you got your money back, no harm, no foul. Now you can buy from someone else and tell them exactly what responses you would like to your questions if you have any. Good luck with your build.
Appreciate 2
kern4174445.00
chowser512025.00
      06-03-2020, 11:13 AM   #7
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrguy03 View Post
Umm...yeah no. Take a breather, count to 10 and come back down to earth. No need to get worked up because you "think" you know what their attitude is through a message. You probably misinterpreted it because you were mad just like people misinterpret text messages all the time. Anyway, you got your money back, no harm, no foul. Now you can buy from someone else and tell them exactly what responses you would like to your questions if you have any. Good luck with your build.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion (I don't need a breather, I don't have a glider so I'm not floating around above in the clouds, I'm fine thanks.
I'm entitled to share what happened in this business transaction. This is the reason why the Vendor and Seller Review section exists. I've been purchasing things for my BMWs for almost 10 years now and I'm used to get great customer service not only on smooth transactions but also on those that may have bumps for whatever reasons.

Sometimes a business transaction with issues just need a good customer service attitude to get back in track, that didn't happen to me so I'm sharing my honest opinion.

And thanks for the good wishes, my build has being made within this past 2 months, COVID or not, every single part has arrived to me with no issue at all, I'm just missing the downpipe and the performance radiator.

-- further discussion/comments about this review won't be followed up by me as I already made my sincere point with facts. Cheers --

Appreciate 2
      06-03-2020, 02:05 PM   #8
bmrguy03
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i SULEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrguy03 View Post
umm...yeah no. Take a breather, count to 10 and come back down to earth. No need to get worked up because you "think" you know what their attitude is through a message. You probably misinterpreted it because you were mad just like people misinterpret text messages all the time. Anyway, you got your money back, no harm, no foul. Now you can buy from someone else and tell them exactly what responses you would like to your questions if you have any. Good luck with your build.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion (i don't need a breather, i don't have a glider so i'm not floating around above in the clouds, i'm fine thanks.
I'm entitled to share what happened in this business transaction. This is the reason why the vendor and seller review section exists. I've been purchasing things for my bmws for almost 10 years now and i'm used to get great customer service not only on smooth transactions but also on those that may have bumps for whatever reasons.

Sometimes a business transaction with issues just need a good customer service attitude to get back in track, that didn't happen to me so i'm sharing my honest opinion.

And thanks for the good wishes, my build has being made within this past 2 months, covid or not, every single part has arrived to me with no issue at all, i'm just missing the downpipe and the performance radiator.

-- further discussion/comments about this review won't be followed up by me as i already made my sincere point with facts. Cheers --

😂😂😂😂
Appreciate 1
kern4174445.00
      06-03-2020, 02:59 PM   #9
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Hi,

Im sorry you are not happy, i did not know you needed me to explain to you the delays happening due to Covid19

You placed an order for a B48 downpipe (US cars are B46), Er asked to confirm that you have a B46 so i forwarded the message (This is a common mistake customers make. ER asks to always confirm so we do not send the wrong item to the customer). You got upset why im asking, i respectfully told you that im just following ER's directions.

Mike,
Great job maintaining your professionalism as usual. It's definitely not easy. I appreciate the excellent job that you have always done for me.
Be safe!
John
Appreciate 2
kern4174445.00
exE36M3487.50
      06-05-2020, 10:26 AM   #10
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

This is not a problem that should deter anyone else from shopping with X-PH. If you don't respect the current situation then expect to be disappointed.

Never forget that Mike is a middle man. "48hrs" is a ballpark figure based on typical lead times. If something changes, he's your mediator between the manufacturer and your doorstep. If you're going to make that unnecessarily difficult then I'd also ask if you just want to cancel your order. Because a lot of us have had to wait days, weeks, or even months for parts that we ordered the past few months. Don't make his job harder just because an arbitrary timeline wasn't held.

It's a downpipe, not a heart transplant.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 3
johnung4525.00
exE36M3487.50
      06-08-2020, 11:48 PM   #11
exE36M3
BMW CCA Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M Sport

ON THE FEDEX WEBSITE
"Last updated: June 8, 2020 - Protests Across the U.S.
FedEx is closely monitoring the protests and related activity across the U.S. In certain areas, local restrictions and curfews may cause unavoidable service delays. In keeping team member and customer safety a top priority, we are activating contingency plans in the most heavily impacted areas."

SUPPLY CHAIN NEWS
"FedEx Ground suspends delivery in downtown Chicago, returns packages to shippers -
FedEx suspended Ground delivery service in 16 zip codes in the downtown Chicago area Thursday, citing ongoing protests."

FWIW, it's more than COVID folks. FedEx and UPS are putting out shipping alerts because of COVID AND Civil Unrest in some cities. I've been talking with a few Amazon vendors directly. They got stuff just sitting at warehouses. Maybe not the issue with the OPs order, but I spoken to all my local FedEx, UPS, and USPS guys... the post office has been operating like Christmas since February (per my postman), the FedEx AND the UPS guys say they've been pushing 60 hour weeks since last Feb too.

It's a perfect storm of massive volume versus limited hours, health, limited man power, and protests.

Everything I am buying IS bring processed within 24 hours, but I can't count how many times I've tracked shipments in the past 2 months that move to a city, get stuck there for a week, move again, and then make delivery 2 weeks later.

Last edited by exE36M3; 06-08-2020 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 12:38 PM   #12
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

I don't think OP's gripe is really about the shipping delay. More so the delay in communication that there is a delay beyond the shipping time he was originally quoted. A little overblown in this thread, but I know that I would also be a little irritated with that response time. Would have no issues if the initial response was "typically it's 48 hours, but that may not be the case due to COVID". Would have avoided the whole situation here.
Appreciate 1
AlexGT418.50
      06-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #13
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
I don't think OP's gripe is really about the shipping delay. More so the delay in communication that there is a delay beyond the shipping time he was originally quoted. A little overblown in this thread, but I know that I would also be a little irritated with that response time. Would have no issues if the initial response was "typically it's 48 hours, but that may not be the case due to COVID". Would have avoided the whole situation here.
I had a similar issue. Told someone I was shipping something saturday. dropped it off and sent tracking. Monday they message me upset that it didn't ship. So I called the UPS and found out I dropped it off while they were open but after their last pickup on saturday, and they were closed on Sunday. Nothing I could do in that situation other than explain what happened

Mike doesn't follow up on what I'm sure are 100s of orders each day. Let's be realistic here. I've gotten stuff both faster and slower than expected during this time, and like he said he didn't know that needed to be explained. But here we are.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0