ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
Haretakis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Silver Z4 M Coupe

Wanted: Exhaust shop in O.C. area.

I am looking for a good,reputable (hopefully not too expensive) exhaust shop in the Orange County area. I am looking to get the mufflers deleted on my Z4 M Coupé. If any one can recommend a good shop I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
      09-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
Not sure where in OC you are, but I had Mesa Muffler in Costa Mesa install my Remus mufflers
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MC, M5, 540iT

JP Performance built BMS's exhaust, and they work together often. Both are in Santa Ana, about two blocks from each other (and EAS, if you need any audio/video tweaks). JPP does top-quality work - not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for +1.

I can't recommend that you delete your mufflers, because you will lose HP, but if you really want it done I'd take it to JPP. You can run the idea past Chris at BMS first if you want (714-429-0257).

p.s. If you want to come over and check out the quality of their work on my exhaust, we can arrange that.
      09-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Haretakis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Silver Z4 M Coupe

That sounds good Palantirion. I have been to BMS before, and must say that I was not impressed. I am sure they are a great shop, but the guy I talked to kinda blew smoke up my ass about the 335i (previous car). I did however meet a guy at BimmerFest who was awesome, so I am willing to give them another shot. Maybe we could meet there?
      09-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haretakis View Post
That sounds good Palantirion. I have been to BMS before, and must say that I was not impressed. I am sure they are a great shop, but the guy I talked to kinda blew smoke up my ass about the 335i (previous car). I did however meet a guy at BimmerFest who was awesome, so I am willing to give them another shot. Maybe we could meet there?
-I'm curious about the smoke blowing (when, who, etc.). That's the kind of thing that shouldn't happen and needs to be addressed/corrected. If you want to tell me here that's fine, if not please PM me or email me at earl@ebsart.com

I can meet you at BMS, email me when would be good for you. My schedule is flexible.
      11-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

try A1 muffler in santa ana, google them for the address. They do great work and build headers, custom piping for turbos, etc, I think they are also contracted by the SA police to fix exhaust related problems.

They do great work but its not cheap
      11-12-2008, 01:06 AM   #7
Palantirion
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Wonder View Post
try A1 muffler in santa ana, google them for the address. They do great work and build headers, custom piping for turbos, etc, I think they are also contracted by the SA police to fix exhaust related problems.

They do great work but its not cheap
ROFL!!! A1 is owned by the same guy who owns JPP, which is where BMS's more complicated custom exhaust work gets done. I've had A1 work on my Avanti's downpipe and they did a good job Either way, I'd go through Chris at BMS or Jose (owner) of JPP to find out which shop fits your needs best.
      11-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

Kool, never knew that. They do great work and you cant lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
ROFL!!! A1 is owned by the same guy who owns JPP, which is where BMS's more complicated custom exhaust work gets done. I've had A1 work on my Avanti's downpipe and they did a good job Either way, I'd go through Chris at BMS or Jose (owner) of JPP to find out which shop fits your needs best.