BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Question about 22-inch wheels and a lease

05-08-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
MrSnoopy
Rep
Drives: subaru,bmw,volvo

Question about 22-inch wheels and a lease

Hi all,

Im interested in leasing a leftover 2019 x7 40i. I noticed it has 22 inch wheels with performance run flats (275/315s). Anything above 20" wheels would be a first for me. I will be driving it year round.

- Can these tires be used in the winter time?
- I assume no way in H*ll these tires will last 15k a year on a 3 year lease, is the cost roughly 500 a tire?

Lastly, the car has 500 mile and is very loaded. Msrp 90k. I was planning on offering 19% off before incentives. Only basing that off what loaners 19s usually go for (15 percent +). Wanted to shoot at the top end of the discount range since it has some things we didnt really want (bench/color), so if they say no can move on without regret. Any thoughts on my potential offer? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
BimmerRick89
PWRDBYM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i - 20' X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnoopy View Post
Hi all,

Im interested in leasing a leftover 2019 x7 40i. I noticed it has 22 inch wheels with performance run flats (275/315s). Anything above 20" wheels would be a first for me. I will be driving it year round.

- I assume no way in H*ll these tires will last 15k a year on a 3 year lease, is the cost roughly 500 a tire?

Lastly, the car has 500 mile and is very loaded. Msrp 90k. I was planning on offering 19% off before incentives. Only basing that off what loaners 19s usually go for (15 percent +). Wanted to shoot at the top end of the discount range since it has some things we didnt really want (bench/color), so if they say no can move on without regret. Any thoughts on my potential offer? Thanks!

There are a few options for winter...the Lamborghini Urus 22" winter tire (I believe its a Pirelli Sottozero L) has been reported by a user here in the X7 forum to work on our car (will be trying this winter)...you can search the x7 forum for more info. Alternately, you can buy the bmw winter\wheel tire pkg. (or aftermarket of course). I would NOT use summer performance in the winter...the coldness can ruin the softer rubber and will start to crack. Additionally, it will harden and you will loose traction...its just not safe.

Just had to replace RFT right at 400 miles on the car ...got a nail in it. $500 big ones!

For a loaner 40i with 500 miles on it, 19% pre-incentive might be a bit agressive...is this a 2019 or 20? You never know...with everything going on right now, they might move on that; doesn't hurt to try. I was able to get 12% before incentives on a custom build x7 m50i.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 10:22 PM   #3
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnoopy View Post
Hi all,

Those tires are only for temperatures above 42F or 7C below this temp they lose grip significantly.

I got second set of wheels with 21" and winter tires. This is about $4k worth if you buy BMW rims. I do not think the tires will last 15K per year the thread is 7/32 as new mine after 4K was showing 6/32 but I Have M50i and like to quickly accelerate and quite dynamic driving so tires wear faster.
Appreciate 0