E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > PDC Help

05-07-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

PDC Help

hi guys,

let me start in the beginning. i have retrofitted front pdc(already had the rear). i had double gongs before the pdc retrofit, it plays through the head unit and thought the dedicated pdc speakers. with the new front and rear pdc module it works only through the headunit, the problem is a have an android head unit and it has a bug. the pdc sounds arnt correct(it never makes a constant beep when you close to an object and have to stop) so i would like to code the new pdc module to send the pdc sound through the dedicated pdc speakers and not have the sound come through the head unit at all, or even have the double gong as a last resort becouse the sound through the pdc speaker will do the continuous beep when you have to stop.

tried my first coding today, with bad results. after a lot of research i tried to code my pdc sensors. Sensible_(member on here) was kind enough to point me in the direction of what i had to change, namely

tonausgabe_can
nicht_aktiv
tonausgabe_lsp
aktiv

sure enough i went in and changed it to that, everything went smooth. go to test it and i get a pdc error 195 on the dash. tried to do it again. same result. tried to change it back to what it was, still get error. dont know what to do now. i see there are new datten files from bimergeeks, mine seem to be outdated, could this be the cause?

am i missing something else?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

im runing windows xp and used bimmergeeks bmw tools if that makes a diference
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 06:02 AM   #3
icon2015
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 320d ~200 bhp

Not all PDC modules have the hardware set up to emit the sounds on 2 channels. So no matter what you code in it won't work. In my experience I have noticed that if you can find an e8X e9X non facelift with radio(RAD1) and front and rear PDC, that it might work.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 10:53 PM   #4
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon2015 View Post
Not all PDC modules have the hardware set up to emit the sounds on 2 channels. So no matter what you code in it won't work. In my experience I have noticed that if you can find an e8X e9X non facelift with radio(RAD1) and front and rear PDC, that it might work.
just to make sure we are on the same page, the module i have now, does have 3 "plugs" for front and rear pdc. but your saying that it still might not have the capacity to be coded to play the sound to the dedicated pdc speakers?

i used inpa to read errors from pdc module and i get and error of the front speaker, but the speaker is there, and everything is wired up correctly.so maybe its like you say, this module cant be codded to do that....thats a bummer.
Appreciate 0