BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-03-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
npcars
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4Cx / X3 M40i

I typically lease so this has never really been an issue, but the wife's X3 (finance) is about to run out of factory warranty. Do you all have any recommendations on how to best proceed?

Should I take it in for an inspection and have warranty cover any red-flag items? Is that even doable/does BMW allow that? Explore extended warranty?

For those beyond the factory warranty period, has the vehicle proven reliable enough to forgo the warranty extension and roll with the punches as they come up?

For context, it's a 2018 xdrive30.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
Oldguysrule
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [10.00]
No personal experience but my brother in law is on his 2nd i30. The first one was about 8 years old and fairly trouble free. The financially prudent thing to do would be to buy it and drive it into the ground unless there is a better car for the money out there. I've never leased though so that's not something I could speak to.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 04:34 AM   #3
SCS1
Registered
Somalia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Did you buy an extended warranty? Any recommendations? My wife's (X3 M40i) warranty will be up in soon as well. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 11:29 AM   #4
npcars
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4Cx / X3 M40i

Blank

Hey SCS1, I took the X3 in at about 35k miles and asked them to do as many services under factory warranty as BMW would allow and do a full vehicle inspection (if anything anomalous was found, then factory warranty would cover it). According to the SA they pulled an oil change up along with changing some filters, but there wasn't anything to fix/replace under warranty.

Ultimately I decided NOT to purchase the extended warranty. Figured I'd just start saving a bit of $ on the side in anticipation/preparation for the next service.

Now the question is, do I go Indie shop or dealership?...
Appreciate 0