E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Which BMW to choose and Why? Please Help T_T

09-17-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
NeTWorKz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: any

Which BMW to choose and Why? Please Help T_T

Well first off; money IS a issue and I'm not one of those spoiled rich kids or have rich parents.

Let's start:

After about 6 months of grueling search for a BMW; I've finally found a 2006 BMW 330xi;[AWD] Jet Black on Black, 12 xxx MILES, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package and PDC.

Private Sale @ US(Seattle): $32 000 USD; I'm currently residing in BC, Canada and after all the documentations and taxes; It would be very close to 40k(CDN). Am I correct or did I have the math wrong? Could someone please verify?

The reason why I chose a 330 was because; 328 only has 230hp and I kind of wanted to have something faster and cheaper(330 is a little cheaper I think cause 328 is more new)

However; after browsing around LOCALLY: I found a 2008 BMW 335i; Alpine White on Black, Sports Package, Leatherette, USB Audio and PDC; has currently 12 xxx KM's.

At about $40 000 CDN(Not sure if it's taxed in or not)

I'm pretty sure the 330xi would be cheaper(but not my much), so I'm wondering which one to choose cause I'm certain that the 08 335i would be at least 4-7k more expensive then the 335i.

BOTH cars are E90 Sedans and BOTH are automatic. I'm planning on financing it cause I obviously don't have 40k in cash. I would be keeping this car well into 6 or so years cause the next car I get; would be when I get out of school and make some money myself.

I'm kind of worried about the 335i's TT after warranty...I don't really want to pay an arm and a leg if something goes wrong with the TT.

Any comments and help is appreciated A LOT!

Thanks E90!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
ricky123hk2002
Fishy
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
I guess you should get a lexus IS series instead...
It is because they are more reliable and cheaper to fix...
The more important thing is that they are cheaper in price...
Also they are luxury enough with ok performance...

Or you only want BMW?

If so, i think u should go with 330xi. You will need to replace the turbo for sure as you need to keep it for 6 years or more?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky123hk2002 View Post
I guess you should get a lexus IS series instead...
It is because they are more reliable and cheaper to fix...
The more important thing is that they are cheaper in price...
Also they are luxury enough with ok performance...

Or you only want BMW?

If so, i think u should go with 330xi. You will need to replace the turbo for sure as you need to keep it for 6 years or more?
I agree. It is not fun to own a BMW after warranty no matter it is TT or not! It cost me $5k/year to fix up my old E46 after the standard warranty and I already paid $4K ahead for the stupid extended warranty. Even how the market tank today, I still have no single regret on leasing my current 335 and put the money on stock instead of put cash in full! So unless RWD + manual is a must have, IS is a way better choice.
      09-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
nerf26
Rep
Drives: 1998 BMW540 6sp

I DISAGREE with the other posts....sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTWorKz View Post
Well first off; money IS a issue and I'm not one of those spoiled rich kids or have rich parents.

Let's start:

After about 6 months of grueling search for a BMW; I've finally found a 2006 BMW 330xi;[AWD] Jet Black on Black, 12 xxx MILES, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package and PDC.

Private Sale @ US(Seattle): $32 000 USD; I'm currently residing in BC, Canada and after all the documentations and taxes; It would be very close to 40k(CDN). Am I correct or did I have the math wrong? Could someone please verify?

The reason why I chose a 330 was because; 328 only has 230hp and I kind of wanted to have something faster and cheaper(330 is a little cheaper I think cause 328 is more new)

However; after browsing around LOCALLY: I found a 2008 BMW 335i; Alpine White on Black, Sports Package, Leatherette, USB Audio and PDC; has currently 12 xxx KM's.

At about $40 000 CDN(Not sure if it's taxed in or not)

I'm pretty sure the 330xi would be cheaper(but not my much), so I'm wondering which one to choose cause I'm certain that the 08 335i would be at least 4-7k more expensive then the 335i.

BOTH cars are E90 Sedans and BOTH are automatic. I'm planning on financing it cause I obviously don't have 40k in cash. I would be keeping this car well into 6 or so years cause the next car I get; would be when I get out of school and make some money myself.

I'm kind of worried about the 335i's TT after warranty...I don't really want to pay an arm and a leg if something goes wrong with the TT.

Any comments and help is appreciated A LOT!

Thanks E90!
Get the 08 335i...if you are really planning to keep the car for 6 years, then the quality and performance of the BMW cant be matched - HUGE STATEMENT. HAHAHA

The smile on your face every day you drive it, makes the money seem secoundary.

Get a certified series....the dealers will be lowering the prices of used 335's because the NEW ones are cheaper!!!

DEALS are out there...and I would NOT get the US car, keep it local and your dealership will work with you.

wow, I got into a rant !!!

......LC(cheers)
Appreciate 0