Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Cerium grill vs brushed alu window trim

05-02-2020, 05:58 AM   #1
StevenDS85
I ///M Fan
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-Sport

Cerium grill vs brushed alu window trim

On my 330i I have the aluminium brushed window trim because I don’t like the high gloss window trim. My car has the standard chrome/black kidney grill. I would like to replace the grill with one that matches the aluminium brushed color better. Does anybody know if the cerium grill would match? Or is that completely different? Any other options you can think about?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 07:31 AM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

It wouldn't match. Cerium has a bit of a bronze hue to it.
      05-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
PersonaNonGrata
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDS85 View Post
On my 330i I have the aluminium brushed window trim because I don’t like the high gloss window trim. My car has the standard chrome/black kidney grill. I would like to replace the grill with one that matches the aluminium brushed color better. Does anybody know if the cerium grill would match? Or is that completely different? Any other options you can think about?
Perhaps get your grille surround wrapped to match the window trim. You could also have the window trim wrapped in the same vinyl as the grille surround and pick a unique color like a different sort of brushed or satin silver/gray for a unique look. I have had window trim on an E93 professionally wrapped and it looked like it came from the factory that way so it can be done nicely.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 02:55 AM   #4
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDS85 View Post
Don´t do it, cerium grey is completly different colour
Appreciate 0