E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bad Clock Spring? (SOLVED, not the clock spring)

04-17-2020, 12:37 PM   #1
MadJoe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
Bad Clock Spring? (SOLVED, not the clock spring)

I recently bought a heated sport steering wheel with paddle shifters to install on my 2011 328xi. My car originally only came with the standard wheel with heat. The new sport wheel with heat and airbag all installed without a hitch, but I was waiting for Motivemods to alter my paddles to work with their harness I had purchased. I finally got everything on Tuesday and went to install it today, and wouldn't you know it only one paddle works at a time and I have to switch pins around in one of the connectors to get the other one to work. I rang out the clock spring from back to front and pin 4 is open. I was wondering if this could be because of wear/damage or is it the way the clock spring is wired for this car? I'd hate to buy a new one only to find out Pin 4 is never connected.

Anyone ever add paddles shifters to their LCI E90 with heated steering wheel? Did you run into a problem like this one?

Thanks for reading!
Joe

Last edited by MadJoe; 04-17-2020 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #2
MadJoe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
Never mind, apparently the Pin I couldn't get to ring isn't needed, I was able to get the shifters working by following the instructions as intended (and as pointed out by Motivemods endlessly patient service person).
Appreciate 0