Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Coding directory

04-09-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
sztmek
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 G20

Coding directory

Hi guys!

Im fresh man in this forum but i would appreciate that somebody unlocked the sport plus mode. Its really good and i feel difference. Whats more, i have a question, is there some “library’s coding” which functions can be coded in our g20/g21? We have a lot of topics on this area but I couldn’t find a summary of what has been unlocked? BimmerCode website I think isn’t updated. What do you think? It will be a good place for everyone and we can encourage new members to our forum because list of coding will be clearly and in one place. It can be update from time to time “ edit function” .Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 05:28 AM   #2
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sztmek View Post
Hi guys!

Im fresh man in this forum but i would appreciate that somebody unlocked the sport plus mode. Its really good and i feel difference. Whats more, i have a question, is there some “library’s coding” which functions can be coded in our g20/g21? We have a lot of topics on this area but I couldn’t find a summary of what has been unlocked? BimmerCode website I think isn’t updated. What do you think? It will be a good place for everyone and we can encourage new members to our forum because list of coding will be clearly and in one place. It can be update from time to time “ edit function” .Thanks in advance!
I'll try to compile a list of everything I've learned but it's a lot and it's gonna be a lot of effort, I'll see what I can do.

Sport+ is here, check it out: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1697654
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 05:38 AM   #3
sztmek
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
I'll try to compile a list of everything I've learned but it's a lot and it's gonna be a lot of effort, I'll see what I can do.

Sport+ is here, check it out: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1697654
Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 01:52 PM   #4
hottroc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Yeah there's loads of stuff for the F-series but hardly anything for G-series. *********Database is only showing E&F and most of the tutorials are not updated yet. Any help would be great please!

EDIT- Don't know why the forum replaced BMW and Coding before database with stars lol
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 07:16 AM   #5
Tanzanite G20
Tanzanite
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i xdrive G20

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Bimmercode

New comer to coding. I'm am using the OBDLINK MX+ bluetooth adapter paired with BIMMERCODE

I have recently use BIMMERCODE to code my g20 series an didn't hav much luck with searching every website that could think of an looking at cheats sheets for coding. I have only unlocked:

M startup display
5 flashes of the turn signal
video in motion
Sport+
Comfort+
Daytime running lights on/off function

Also had the M live cockpit as my gauge cluster looked really good, but it did not allow for the gauges to really change colour when in sport, comfort or eco mode, the biggest issue with the M sport gauges is that is does NOT show when you are in Sport+ mode or Comfort+. I ended up changing it back to the original load out.

Also tried to use E-sys cheat sheets to try an decipher BIMMERCODE with no luck... Will continue to research hoping to find:

Automatic Heated steer wheel
Reverse camera zoom
Ambient lighting colour change (other than what factory allows)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:38 AM   #6
Fpangalos
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzanite G20 View Post
New comer to coding. I'm am using the OBDLINK MX+ bluetooth adapter paired with [COLOR="red"]BIMMERCODE[/COLOR]

I have recently use [COLOR="Red"]BIMMERCODE[/COLOR] to code my g20 series an didn't hav much luck with searching every website that could think of an looking at cheats sheets for coding. I have only unlocked:

M startup display
5 flashes of the turn signal
video in motion
Sport+
Comfort+
Daytime running lights on/off function

Also had the M live cockpit as my gauge cluster looked really good, but it did not allow for the gauges to really change colour when in sport, comfort or eco mode, the biggest issue with the M sport gauges is that is does NOT show when you are in Sport+ mode or Comfort+. I ended up changing it back to the original load out.

Also tried to use E-sys cheat sheets to try an decipher [COLOR="Red"]BIMMERCODE[/COLOR] with no luck... Will continue to research hoping to find:

Automatic Heated steer wheel
Reverse camera zoom
Ambient lighting colour change (other than what factory allows)

g20beam figured out the auto steering wheel heating already. I can't find his post however. He has also found some other cool things in expert mode. I highly suggest following him on here as his coding tidbits are great
      04-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #7
sztmek
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpangalos View Post
g20beam figured out the auto steering wheel heating already. I can't find his post however. He has also found some other cool things in expert mode. I highly suggest following him on here as his coding tidbits are great
Yes, maybe g20beam can give us some
Short list with coding functions. Is there possible to code other video formats in idrive 7 in bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 11:16 AM   #8
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpangalos View Post
Here it is for heated steering wheel:

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=13
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 11:17 AM   #9
MY86
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: G30 520i G20 320i

Hi,

'Speed Correction and Full Sms Display'

Are these also available on BimmerCode?

What does speed correction do? Do we need to code it?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 08:53 AM   #10
Tanzanite G20
Tanzanite
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Success with coding with everything but the automatic heated steering wheel I have tried a few different ways but can't get it to load up in the idrive might be because I can't access the MGU-head unit in expert mode, I have emailed BIMMERCODE just waiting to hear back from them if I can be a beta tester.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 04:02 AM   #11
MY86
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Success with coding with everything but the automatic heated steering wheel I have tried a few different ways but can't get it to load up in the idrive might be because I can't access the MGU-head unit in expert mode, I have emailed BIMMERCODE just waiting to hear back from them if I can be a beta tester.
You were also able to code the reverse camera zoom via BimmerCode?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 09:41 AM   #12
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY86 View Post
Hi,

'Speed Correction and Full Sms Display'

Are these also available on BimmerCode?

What does speed correction do? Do we need to code it?
I am also interested in the full SMS display

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #13
Tanzanite G20
Tanzanite
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY86 View Post
Quote:
You were also able to code the reverse camera zoom via BimmerCode?
I haven't gotten to try to code the reverse camera zoom been to cold to go outside in Canada right now. But i did manage to get the auto heated steering wheel active along with the heated seat coding
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 03:55 AM   #14
MY86
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
I haven't gotten to try to code the reverse camera zoom been to cold to go outside in Canada right now. But i did manage to get the auto heated steering wheel active along with the heated seat coding
Heated seat coding works properly? I coded that but it did not work properly. I could not be able to change the levels of the passenger seat at all (from the settings menu). And for the drivers seat, I don't remember exactly -I think it was keep sticking at the middle- but it was not working properly as well.
Appreciate 0