BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-29-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
Zippy99
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 Xdrive 20i XLine

Panoramic Sunroof liner on my GO1

I just investigated my sunroof liner as I noticed it was sagging on one side (to be honest it’s been like it for awhile, I‘d just not took much notice as it’s generally wound back). However, comparing it to the other side it’s tight against some sort of track or something that holds the liner taut, which is not happening on the sagging side as it separated from what ever holds in tight and in place. So my question is, does anyone know if this is something I can reattach (and how simple is it to do?) or do I need to have this repaired at the Dealership? It’s under warranty so if major surgery is required then when they reopen once again in the UK, I’ll book it in for repair.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
munna
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

Mine had this problem. They had to take the entire top half of the interior off and replace the blind/rollers/etc. There was no ability to fix it otherwise

Dealership had said they've seen this problem numerous times. Was somewhat glad to hear that so they had some experience with fixing it and were not learning on the go with my car.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
Zippy99
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 Xdrive 20i XLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna View Post
Mine had this problem. They had to take the entire top half of the interior off and replace the blind/rollers/etc. There was no ability to fix it otherwise

Dealership had said they've seen this problem numerous times. Was somewhat glad to hear that so they had some experience with fixing it and were not learning on the go with my car.
Thanks for your reply, I just hope the dealerships here have that level of expertise. They’re all closed here now until we come out of Coronavirus lockdown, so I’ll get it fixed before the warranty expires next year!
Appreciate 1
munna129.00
      04-12-2020, 03:22 PM   #4
huggy509
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40d

Why not push them to replace the complete sunroof cartridge ?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 02:36 PM   #5
Juris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X-3 M40i Alpine White 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy99 View Post
Thanks for your reply, I just hope the dealerships here have that level of expertise. They’re all closed here now until we come out of Coronavirus lockdown, so I’ll get it fixed before the warranty expires next year!
Surprised to hear automobile servicing is closed due to Covid. In the US it is treated as an "essential business" and allowed to remain open. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00