E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Out of a Job Yet Keep buying foreign

09-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
yeung330xi
Jordan aka The GOAT
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330XI

Garage List
Out of a Job Yet Keep buying foreign

Maybe its because I live in Windsor (economy supported by the big 3 automakers) but I am sick of seeing this stupid bumper sticker. More often then not I see them on older cars and I think to myself....well when was the last time you purchased a car to help support Ford, GM or Chrysler??

These people are so stupid that they fail to realize too Toyoto and Honda also have plants in Ontario.

Windsor has to get out of its own pro union world and realize that large companies are afraid to invest anywhere south of London because they are afraid of the unions.

Wal-Mart's first unionized store was in Windsor, Ontario.

okay i am done venting...gonna get back to work lol
      09-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
yeung330xi
Jordan aka The GOAT
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330XI

Garage List
apparently this family is the one behind this sticker....

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/1..._cars001.shtml
      09-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

I also saw that sticker for the first time last week... Maybe if they built some better quality cars their sales would increase.

I had a buick Rendezvous and it broke down after 4 years... I mean totally broke down with suspension and engine problems! Arrgh... gets me mad thinking about it.
      09-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
KungFuPanda
Rep
Drives: E92 335i AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeung330xi View Post
Maybe its because I live in Windsor (economy supported by the big 3 automakers) but I am sick of seeing this stupid bumper sticker. More often then not I see them on older cars and I think to myself....well when was the last time you purchased a car to help support Ford, GM or Chrysler??

These people are so stupid that they fail to realize too Toyoto and Honda also have plants in Ontario.

Windsor has to get out of its own pro union world and realize that large companies are afraid to invest anywhere south of London because they are afraid of the unions.

Wal-Mart's first unionized store was in Windsor, Ontario.

okay i am done venting...gonna get back to work lol

American folks does not want american car because there are too much recalled from Ford GM or Chrysler. Their history show us customer that FOrd GM and Chrysler poor car design, low mpg, and poor build ( breaking down all the time ). Other car maker such as Honda and Toyota, they make their car with better MPG, less recall , less break down, and better design. American car maker does not how to market their car. They prefer marketting their car model to White and blue color folks. Japanese car maker marketing their car model to average communitor, better mpg, and easy to repair.

For FORD, GM, Chrysler need to reform their way of making their car for white folks instead of average joe, less repair time, better mpg and other stuff. They should focus CNG and electric car instead Bio fuel . This will help their sale their car. Flex Fuel is just a bandaid for gas engine car issue. Flex Fuel wont work with high price gas.

The government should setup CNG and electric car charging station nationwide. This allow customer to buy FORD GM and Chrysler more cause of Alternative FUel source.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
DinoMite
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 - 335is Coupe

How about the American companies lower the prices on their cars first...
a corvette is soooooo overpriced in Canada, i want to puke.
Appreciate 0