ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

03-19-2020, 05:30 AM   #1
soogoood
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Xtreme Power House

Thumbs down for having an inaccurate stock status on your website.

No, I do not want to pay you 600 for a lip and wait 8 WEEKS.

And NO - I do not want another style lip.

I want you to fix the backend of your website so when an item is in stock, it is ACTUALLY IN STOCK NOT ON AN 8 WEEK BACKORDER.

I’ll be waiting for my refund.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Hi,
Im sorry to hear that. Our inventory system was off by 1 lip.
We will process your refund today

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
vpegany334.00
      03-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #3
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

As is always the case, before ordering, better to call, email, or online chat if their website offers it.

OP, I can relate to your frustration, but this is a problem across almost the entire aftermarket supplier industry, and I wouldn't necessary single out X-PH for this. Not even considering if the website inventory was wrong, as someone in a different wholesale industry, inventory is taxable, so there's basically no incentive for distributors to have in-stock inventory, rather than just shipping it from the manufacturer when an order is placed or have things made to order.

This isn't always the case, but it took me a few orders from different aftermarket vendors (not any from Bimmerpost though) to realize that in general, this isn't going to change. These companies aren't Amazon, and never will be. The days of buying mass amounts of inventory for the entire product catalog with huge overhead are over, so as customers, whether we like it or not, the least frustrating thing to do is just adapt to the new way of doing things by having a conversation with the seller first. I don't love it either, but it's the least annoying way to know everything up front.

With that said, I've worked with Mike and X-PH in the past multiple times, and he's gotten me sorted out and in contact with the right people when my order didn't arrive as expected, so I know he has good intentions.

Again, not saying your frustration isn't justified, but just something to consider for the future so all works out the best for you next time!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
As is always the case, before ordering, better to call, email, or online chat if their website offers it.

OP, I can relate to your frustration, but this is a problem across almost the entire aftermarket supplier industry, and I wouldn't necessary single out X-PH for this. Not even considering if the website inventory was wrong, as someone in a different wholesale industry, inventory is taxable, so there's basically no incentive for distributors to have in-stock inventory, rather than just shipping it from the manufacturer when an order is placed or have things made to order.

This isn't always the case, but it took me a few orders from different aftermarket vendors (not any from Bimmerpost though) to realize that in general, this isn't going to change. These companies aren't Amazon, and never will be. The days of buying mass amounts of inventory for the entire product catalog with huge overhead are over, so as customers, whether we like it or not, the least frustrating thing to do is just adapt to the new way of doing things by having a conversation with the seller first. I don't love it either, but it's the least annoying way to know everything up front.

With that said, I've worked with Mike and X-PH in the past multiple times, and he's gotten me sorted out and in contact with the right people when my order didn't arrive as expected, so I know he has good intentions.

Again, not saying your frustration isn't justified, but just something to consider for the future so all works out the best for you next time!
I agree with most of what you said.

The product the customer ordered is a product we stock in house. Its our own brand, we do not drop-ship it.

It was just a small mistake in the inventory system. It said we had one in stock but when the shipper was processing the order he was not able to find it on the shelf.

We offered the customer different options or a refund. He picked to get a refund, we refunded his money within 24 hours.

I personally do not think this mistake warrants a bad review on the forum but it's his right. We took full responsibility, apologized and moved on.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
dcpatters250.00
      03-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #5
flipnkraut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soogoood View Post
Thumbs down for having an inaccurate stock status on your website.

No, I do not want to pay you 600 for a lip and wait 8 WEEKS.

And NO - I do not want another style lip.

I want you to fix the backend of your website so when an item is in stock, it is ACTUALLY IN STOCK NOT ON AN 8 WEEK BACKORDER.

I'll be waiting for my refund.
I understand your frustration but there's no 100% accurate inventory system. If they have 1 in stock, if you and one other person put that item in your cart, it's a race to hit the submit order button first. There's no way any system is going to know if that person is going to be you or the other guy. So it's going to tell both of you it's in stock until someone submits an order.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
coldsteelrain
driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

I think you over reacted a little bit here man.
Small mistake on their side but definitely not warranting a bad review..... unless they were not willing to refund you your money, which they did.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #7
dcpatters
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4

From what I read here, XPH /Mike, handled this right. Seems like quality customer service and follow up.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 02:31 PM   #8
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I agree with most of what you said.

The product the customer ordered is a product we stock in house. Its our own brand, we do not drop-ship it.

It was just a small mistake in the inventory system. It said we had one in stock but when the shipper was processing the order he was not able to find it on the shelf.

We offered the customer different options or a refund. He picked to get a refund, we refunded his money within 24 hours.

I personally do not think this mistake warrants a bad review on the forum but it's his right. We took full responsibility, apologized and moved on.
Good way to handle it mike. I have never ordered from you but heard nothing but good things. I will be contacting you regarding mods soon.
      07-15-2020, 03:33 PM   #9
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

From my few dealings with mike, I have to say he is great guy/very responsive. Definitely a little bit of an over-reaction.