BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Auto H

03-14-2020, 12:22 PM   #1
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Auto H

Love this feature but is there a way to auto turn off when parking?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 12:25 PM   #2
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Love this feature but is there a way to auto turn off when parking?
Button by the shifter. One of the few things you don't have to search for!

I love it too but... had it in another car I owned and to use it you had to pump the brake once after you stopped to turn it on. I think I liked it better when I turned it on instead of it always being on.
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Button by the shifter. One of the few things you don't have to search for!

I love it too but... had it in another car I owned and to use it you had to pump the brake once after you stopped to turn it on. I think I liked it better when I turned it on instead of it always being on.
My previous MB GLS had the pump the brake option too. Much better with the button. Even better with it coded on all the time with BimmerCode. I just wish it could auto detect when I'm parking and turn off.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #4
ChexBMW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
My previous MB GLS had the pump the brake option too. Much better with the button. Even better with it coded on all the time with BimmerCode. I just wish it could auto detect when I'm parking and turn off.
You don't need to code it to stay on all of the time. It stays on until you turn it off (even after vehicle is turned off and then back on). At least that's how it works in the 2020 X7-40i.

Also, yes, it would be great if it knew when you were pulling into your tight garage space.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexBMW View Post
Quote:
You don't need to code it to stay on all of the time. It stays on until you turn it off (even after vehicle is turned off and then back on). At least that's how it works in the 2020 X7-40i.

Also, yes, it would be great if it knew when you were pulling into your tight garage space.
Which is why I think I like the pump to activate better.
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 08:15 PM   #6
ChexBMW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Which is why I think I like the pump to activate better.
The 'pump' on the Mercedes Benz was one small reason why I went with BMW X7 over the GLS 450. You have to press down too hard on the brake once you stopped.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #7
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

I think the MB way is much worse. Tested a few GLSs a few years ago and had to pump the break every time stopping in traffic. Defeats the purpose the way it’s set up. With BMW, it’s always on and now it stays on even after the engine gets restarted. Agree on parking, wonder if it can be coded?
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 08:27 PM   #8
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Oh right, I was thinking about the Auto Start Stop function.
Appreciate 0