BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Subscription services

Looks like I'm finally taking delivery of my M50i today. Getting conflicting info on length of various services such as map updates & SOS/emergency features. Reading one thing - BMW genius I'm working with says another. Anyone know a source of the info?

Thanks

Last edited by mrjoed2; 03-03-2020 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Looks like I'm finally taking delivery of my M50i today. Getting conflicting info on length of various services such as map updates & SOS/emergency features. Reading one thing - BMW genius I'm working with says another. Anyone know a source of the info?

Thanks
Are you leasing or purchasing? When I leased previously, it was 3 years aka your lease term. Having purchased my G05, it is 4 years for everything except the digital key (1 year).
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Are you leasing or purchasing? When I leased previously, it was 3 years aka your lease term. Having purchased my G05, it is 4 years for everything except the digital key (1 year).
Purchased. Interesting, my '14 650i came with no map updates, but has 10 years of emergency & remote services. They really cut those back.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #4
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

I think some of these terms/services changed with iDrive 7. On the portal, there's a handful of services that aren't available for my iDrive 7 vehicle, but they include the maps and concierge services. Once they add your new one to the connected drive portal, you'll see there's a bunch of new ones. The old ones were the connected package plus, pro, live traffic, bmw assist convenience packages. I can't recall correctly what the last vehicle had as far as subscription length. All my new ones just show 4 years from purchase date.

There's so many new options, but they are still bundled under 2 or so "packages". The map update is awesome though...you'll just get a prompt in the car they are updated...you have to do nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 10:03 AM   #5
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
I think some of these terms/services changed with iDrive 7. On the portal, there's a handful of services that aren't available for my iDrive 7 vehicle, but they include the maps and concierge services. Once they add your new one to the connected drive portal, you'll see there's a bunch of new ones. The old ones were the connected package plus, pro, live traffic, bmw assist convenience packages. I can't recall correctly what the last vehicle had as far as subscription length. All my new ones just show 4 years from purchase date.

There's so many new options, but they are still bundled under 2 or so "packages". The map update is awesome though...you'll just get a prompt in the car they are updated...you have to do nothing.
Super, Thanks. Now if they just get the OTA updates to work for the vehicle software....
Appreciate 1