E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Here we go

09-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 33I M-Sport Dec'11

Here we go

Ok Guys, I am going for it. This wednesday afternoon, I have booked a one hour meeting with the fleet manager at my company to order an E93 in white. Based on the test drive I had in July, I have decided to go for a 320i M-Sport rather than the SE.
I am not ordering much in the way of extras except
Leather - I didn’t want black, not daring enough for red and brown is just too Austin Allegro so I am opting for Grey Dakota Leather
Front Parking sensors
USB audio.
That’s it really. My monthly allowance doesn’t cover all of the car so I have to top the lease up by about £100 per month including company car tax but apart from that its worry free motoring with no other costs. The only other thing is that our ‘green’ policy at work means that we are not allowed cars with co2 emissions above 179. The 325i is 181...aint that a bitch but I am gonna try and twist the fleet managers arm to turn a blind eye as its only 2 grams over the limit as I would just love to have a 6 pot.

Any advice before I order would be appreciated.
Will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
I am not ordering much in the way of extras except Leather - I didn’t want black, not daring enough for red and brown
I've just had a quick look on the car configurator and how about seeing if you can view the car configured with red coral leather on a big screen at the dealers? Doesn't look too bad on the laptop screen?

Quote:
The 325i is 181...aint that a bitch but I am gonna try and twist the fleet managers arm to turn a blind eye as its only 2 grams over the limit as I would just love to have a 6 pot.
I'd twist his arm and if that fails threaten to make him your b.... Tad drastic, but you get my drift. Try and get the 6 pot if you can.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Explain to him that these carbon dioxide figures are only accurate to within 5% anyway. the 325i will give you so much more, better peformance and a few more extras.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Green policy oo-er I feel sorry for you having to put up with the envirofreaks at work!!

Car sounds fab red leather would look great but I do like grey leather myself

I'd ditch the park sensors and get the ipod thing instead but thats just me!!

Can't wait to see some pics and remember Roof Down Motoring At All Times!!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atariboy View Post
Ok Guys, I am going for it. This wednesday afternoon, I have booked a one hour meeting with the fleet manager at my company to order an E93 in white. Based on the test drive I had in July, I have decided to go for a 320i M-Sport rather than the SE.
I am not ordering much in the way of extras except
Leather - I didn’t want black, not daring enough for red and brown is just too Austin Allegro so I am opting for Grey Dakota Leather
Front Parking sensors
USB audio.
That’s it really. My monthly allowance doesn’t cover all of the car so I have to top the lease up by about £100 per month including company car tax but apart from that its worry free motoring with no other costs. The only other thing is that our ‘green’ policy at work means that we are not allowed cars with co2 emissions above 179. The 325i is 181...aint that a bitch but I am gonna try and twist the fleet managers arm to turn a blind eye as its only 2 grams over the limit as I would just love to have a 6 pot.

Any advice before I order would be appreciated.
Will keep you posted.
Tell him that you will offset a ton of CO2 to cover the extra 2g/km

A 1 ton carbon credit is worth £8 and it will cover the difference for 500,000 km
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #6
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha! View Post
Green policy oo-er I feel sorry for you having to put up with the envirofreaks at work!!

Car sounds fab red leather would look great but I do like grey leather myself

I'd ditch the park sensors and get the ipod thing instead but thats just me!!

Can't wait to see some pics and remember Roof Down Motoring At All Times!!
Porsha, doesnt it come with the ipod connection already. I have an ipod but just dont fancy leaving it in the car so decided to move everything from itunes to a memory stick.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 02:29 AM   #7
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
If you have chosen 6FL (USB interface) then it will work with Ipods OR memory sticks and display track listings, artists, etc on head unit

Defo look at red leather with white - it would look stunning.

Not sure if white and grey will look a bit washed out? If your brave enough to go for white (one of my fave car colours at the mo!), go for coral red!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 02:36 AM   #8
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
If you have chosen 6FL (USB interface) then it will work with Ipods OR memory sticks and display track listings, artists, etc on head unit

Defo look at red leather with white - it would look stunning.

Not sure if white and grey will look a bit washed out? If your brave enough to go for white (one of my fave car colours at the mo!), go for coral red!!!
I will try the configurator tonight and see what it looks like. I am just a bit worried, it will make the car look like a pimp mobile
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 03:55 AM   #9
keelo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330i

We picked up an AUC E93 at the weekend in Silver with black leather. The black leather looks pretty boring IMHO but I suppose with AUC you gotta take what's there. If ordering new I would defo reccommed Coral red leather with grey poplar wood - we saw some photos of another silver one with this interior combo and thought it looked really classy. Sadly someone snapped it up before us.

We test drove a Le Mans blue one with Grey interior and have say that grey is probably the worst colour out of the whole lot - it showed up every dirty mark and made the interior look cold and univiting. I think many people agree - have a look on the AUC website and there's a definite lack of grey interior cars on there.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 04:01 AM   #10
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I will try the configurator tonight and see what it looks like. I am just a bit worried, it will make the car look like a pimp mobile

I wanted my 'vert in white with red leather - it is still on my configurator now - looks ACE imo!

It is not 'too' red if that makes sense? Still a lot of black in there. Only the seats and infill panels on the door cards are red which kind of tones it down a little - only with extended leather do more parts become red!

I also think saddle brown would look awesome contrasting with the white. I was considering both, but the missus talked me out of a white 'vert. Since then I have seen two M-sport white ones and she (reluctantly) agreed they looked awesome. So wish I had done it! Black leather is dull and boring - fully agree.

Maybe the 'official E92 AW' thread may help.....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...l+alpine+white
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #11
MOB
Major
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2 LCI

If I were ordering a new E9x I would have an M-Sport in white, with Jade grey leather

Go for it so I can see what its like lol
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #12
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Has to be Coral red...

I wouldnt bother with front sensors, rears are std....

Find something else or save the money..

Oh and do everything you can to get the 325 not 320....

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:01 AM   #13
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Get the Jade grey and not plain grey, you get black dash, centre console, carpets and doors then, rather than loads and loads of grey everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #14
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
If you want to see what jade grey looks like with dark grey poplar wood, check out my garage pics.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:41 AM   #15
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Get the Jade grey and not plain grey, you get black dash, centre console, carpets and doors then, rather than loads and loads of grey everywhere.
...good alternative

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #16
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

That is much better than all grey....

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #17
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

God so much choice. Just popped in to my local stealer to see if they had any cars with red leather but they had none. The sales guy did say that he would go for red...so now I am really tempted
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Porsha, doesnt it come with the ipod connection already. I have an ipod but just dont fancy leaving it in the car so decided to move everything from itunes to a memory stick.
Oh I don't actually know anything about the E93s, sorry seen as I drive a Classic MG!! I'm sure someone who does will beable to tell you!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #19
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha! View Post
Oh I don't actually know anything about the E93s, sorry seen as I drive a Classic MG!! I'm sure someone who does will beable to tell you!
Not being funny Porscha, but surely if someone is asking a question on a forum, trying to gain some knowledge, it would be better not to answer if you don't know!!

It would be like me handing out advice on 'lubricating king pins' on an MG forum!! (Actually I would tell them to buy a car that only requires lubrication in the engine oil filler 'possibly' between services, )
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #20
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Not being funny Porscha, but surely if someone is asking a question on a forum, trying to gain some knowledge, it would be better not to answer if you don't know!!

It would be like me handing out advice on 'lubricating king pins' on an MG forum!! (Actually I would tell them to buy a car that only requires lubrication in the engine oil filler 'possibly' between services, )
I understand and no I don't think you were being funny, I shouldn't have barged in, sorry.

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #21
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
That is much better than all grey....

I just love that interior

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #22
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well i've decided on the interior. I am going for red. Now all I need to do is try and persuade my fleet manager to let me have the 325i.
Incidentally, I picked up a fresh brochure from my stealer today. Unlike some of the other models, there seem to be no updated changes to the E93 equipment wise
Appreciate 0