BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

02-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Pressure Washer Wand - Power Loss

Hello,

I've had a Kärcher power washer for several years but recently the power wand seems to be failing. I tried other attachments on the same unit and the power seems to be there so suspect it is the spray wand. I am not against replacing the part but saw that I cannot get the exact same part it has been discontinued for the K2 series.

There is a replacement so, I hope it works well. I haven't purchased anything yet but was wondering if there are any aftermarket wands that might fit that might be stronger and more efficient.

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 02:46 PM   #2
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
Hello,

I've had a Kärcher power washer for several years but recently the power wand seems to be failing. I tried other attachments on the same unit and the power seems to be there so suspect it is the spray wand. I am not against replacing the part but saw that I cannot get the exact same part it has been discontinued for the K2 series.

There is a replacement so, I hope it works well. I haven't purchased anything yet but was wondering if there are any aftermarket wands that might fit that might be stronger and more efficient.

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks.
I assume your referring to the "trigger assembly" being the problem as the rest is just a tube. I believe most trigger assemblies are generic so you should be able to use any. I would also order a flexible tube that is compatible with the new trigger and quick connections.

If your current power washer is electric consider buying a more powerful gas unit.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #3
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
I assume your referring to the "trigger assembly" being the problem as the rest is just a tube. I believe most trigger assemblies are generic so you should be able to use any. I would also order a flexible tube that is compatible with the new trigger and quick connections.

If your current power washer is electric consider buying a more powerful gas unit.
Yes, not the trigger per se but the wand that attaches to it (it screws in). My unit is electric and roughly 2,000 PSI which is good enough for my purposes until this past weekend.

In any case, I think something must have happened to the wand, while still functional it not ideal. This is what I am referring to

I may upgrade in the summer but for right now, I will stay with the unit if the replacement wand works.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Did you explore the Kranzle washer ?
Too steep but I am hearing just great things about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 07:49 AM   #5
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Did you explore the Kranzle washer ?
Too steep but I am hearing just great things about it.
While there are several features about this equipment that I like (compact for easy storage; long hose, etc.) at $1.2K it's really difficult to justify the price. Also as it's electric it's less functional/powerful for other household functions such as cleaning mold from walks and siding. Finally, the claim that it's the "last pressure washer you will have to buy" is highly questionable (warranty is one year).
Reminds me of a subzero refrigerator purchase decision: their pretty but why am I paying 3-4 times the price of any other refrigerator to keep food cold?
Appreciate 0