F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F33 under engine bay pictures
proTUNING Freaks

01-03-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
kdad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i conv

F33 under engine bay pictures

Finally got around to get my 2015 F33 on a ramp. So I took this opportunity to take some pictures to get myself prepared for future DIY/maintenance projects.
Sharing some pictures with the community here.

The metallic ramps I used are too high for the front bumper. I created a couple of "on-ramps" with 2x8s. They work reasonably well. What I needed to do is to secure the wooden pieces to the metallic ramps using screws. Should be pretty simple.

It was pretty simple to take off the under panel. I noticed some oil stains in the rear of the panel. I presume they were from previous oil changes performed at the dealerships. There's a little access panel for the drain plug. If the tech didn't properly wipe off the oil, I assume the oil could end up on the panel. Though I can't explain why the oil stain close to the passenger wheel well. Anyone?

Plastic oil pan! Who makes them out of plastic!? I wonder what's the lifespan of the drain screw and the pan itself The subframe (screw hole in the center of the pic) is a good option for jack point.

There's an "A" frame in the front. If I'm not mistaken, I don't see it on other F30's. Perhaps it is a thing to reinforce convertibles (F33). It covers up the steering unit, water pump, thermostats. Anyone know if I would need to remove the "A" frame for future replacement of the water pump? Just curious...

Other misc pictures from various angles.
Is the round thing engine mount?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdad View Post
Plastic oil pan! I wonder what's the lifespan of the drain screw
10k miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. The correct oil filter comes with a new bolt.
Appreciate 0