E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Vacuum Lines on Pressure Converter Bracket

12-30-2019, 07:30 AM   #1
bmwdiesel
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d 2007

Vacuum Lines on Pressure Converter Bracket

so I need to check the hoses on this bracket plate that holds pressure converters and bunch of other stuff, along changing the hose that goes to the front of the engine block and that also connects on the electrical valve on that bracket, but I can't reach it, so I have to take it off, but it's fiddly as hell and on these two videos it has 2 different access views to that. they are both 335d, and I am trying to figure out whether they have a different design or the guy on second video removed something to have the access to the plate from the above.

video 1 has it like me and it's fiddly pain in the ass work where I can't even put my hand there with the tool to unscrew the second side bolt to take the bracket off. btw, my tool fell into the engine bay and I spent the rest of day looking for it with the magnet and only finding it at 10pm yesterday) I can't imagine dealing with taking off the oxygen sensor, exhaust sensor and some other fiddly stuff that is attached to that, when I can't even reach it properly and then reattaching it is another pain btw.
are you supposed to take all those sensors off that plate bracket even when you only want to check and reattach vacuum hoses to the pressure converters that are on it? because the one I need to replace, I can't even touch the ending with my finger. you can see it complicated like on this video

on second video, you can clearly see the pressure converters and electrical ventil with easy access on his 335d. is it updated model or did he remove something that I am missing?
you can see clear view of pressure converters at around 0:30 second mark

Last edited by bmwdiesel; 12-30-2019 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 01:21 AM   #2
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

You can go by feel if you know your way around there. But if I were you I would recheck everything with that bracket removed. Mind you, need to know where they all go.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 01:22 AM   #3
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

This video may be helpful with vac lines. Part 2 has the assembly:
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 08:03 AM   #4
bmwdiesel
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d 2007

I can't move forward because I can't find matching torx bit for these screws in red circles. Not only I can't fit the tool holding in hand, but I dont have the matching screw bit, I tried torx T20 that seems the closest matching but it doesnt fit properly. Also T25 too big and T15 too small....
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwdiesel; 01-05-2020 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #5
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Don’t touch those. Those will take apart the sensor and will render it useless. There are torx screws that’s hold this emp sensor to the bracket at large. Find those. In your photo they seem to be hidden a bit. I can’t imagine mounting for this in the Euro version is any different than for NA spec car.
Appreciate 1